Texas Hunting Forum

Gunwerks Brass

Posted By: spg

Gunwerks Brass - 05/04/18 06:41 PM

Gunwerks is now manufacturing brass, not sure what cartridges there making because the firewall at work won't let me open the website. Probably not cheap but probably pretty good brass.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/04/18 07:19 PM

Are they making it themselves, or having someone make it for them? There are many brass manufactures that will make a custom head stamp for you to stamp anything you want on the case head. I doubt they are mfg it themselves.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/04/18 10:31 PM

https://gunwerks.us14.list-manage.com/tr...mp;e=2342c06777
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/04/18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Are they making it themselves, or having someone make it for them? There are many brass manufactures that will make a custom head stamp for you to stamp anything you want on the case head. I doubt they are mfg it themselves.

Then I'm gonna have a run of brass made, with the headstamp "BAD MF-ER" Now what cartridge to put it on. nidea
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/04/18 11:50 PM

.224 Valkyrie of course, no brainer

bolt action for sho !!!
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/04/18 11:54 PM

Gunwerks engineered brass

Someone else is making them I bet

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 12:08 AM

??????? Not sure but, if they're not making it in house they're advertisement is misleading.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 12:11 AM

Happens all the time. Called rebranding. Some factory makes same stuff for different brands

Quote:
Sold in quantities of 100. Premium reloading brass engineered by Gunwerks. Designed as the perfect brass for precision shooters, this cartridge brass features extreme consistency lot to lot and extremely tight tolerances. Optimized case walls and primer pockets afford high brass life for maximum number of reloads possible. Uniform flash holes provide consistent ignition and low extreme spreads. We load our own Gunwerks ammunition with the same ammo because we know it meets our high standards where everything else falls short.

​Specifications:

Extreme consistency piece to piece and lot to lot
Consistent weight & volume to reduce velocity spreads
Minimal neck runout for superior precision
Optimized metallurgy and dimensions to maximize case life
Clean case head design for easy pressure sign identification
Includes 100 round reusable, zippered pouch

Never say they make it...

300rum seems odd to start

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 01:11 AM

Curious who's making it for them.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 02:18 AM

Exactly! They can help engineer it, but they are not making it. I have a company I use for some brass that I can head stamp CRD for Custom Reloads of Dallas, or anything that will fit on it if I want. I have to pay about $500-$800 for the tool head set up, and then this company makes the brass for me. Yes, it's really good brass and tight tolerances. I've tested it. It's good brass. But GunWerks is in the rifle, scope and ammo business. They don't make their own brass.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG

Then I'm gonna have a run of brass made, with the headstamp "BAD MF-ER" Now what cartridge to put it on. nidea

I'm in! I'll split it with you!!!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 03:29 AM

Then I'm gonna have a run of brass made, with the headstamp "MUSTACHE" Now what cartridge to put it on. nidea

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 12:30 PM

I do like the little zipper pouch they give you with it.

Not sure if I like that or alpha brass class container more

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 01:14 PM

Privi
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 01:24 PM

Originally Posted By: BigPig

Then I'm gonna have a run of brass made, with the headstamp "MUSTACHE" Now what cartridge to put it on. nidea

Wade, you need to seek help for your fascination. Take Jeremy with you, yall are starting to concern me. I may have to sell your match spots to someone else.

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/05/18 08:53 PM

Hunting forum group buy... Thf headstamp
Posted By: Big A

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/06/18 02:47 AM

I'm in! I'll split it with you!!!

I would want in on this I might even have to buy a new gun if I did not have one for this
Posted By: garyrapp55

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/06/18 12:05 PM

I have a company I use for some brass that I can head stamp CRD for Custom Reloads of Dallas, or anything that will fit on it if I want.

I'm gonna get mine stamped "NACHO".
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/06/18 05:29 PM

Wade, you need to seek help for your fascination. Take Jeremy with you, yall are starting to concern me. I may have to sell your match spots to someone else.

rofl
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/06/18 06:20 PM

rofl

roflmao whip

Re: Gunwerks Brass - 05/07/18 12:44 PM

made by ADG
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum