Texas Hunting Forum

Neck Lubing

Posted By: DLALLDER

Neck Lubing - 03/25/18 09:00 PM

What lube do you use for the inside of the neck when FL resizing? How do you get it out before powdering and putting bullets in? Thanks Daniel
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/25/18 10:31 PM

Nothing
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/25/18 10:44 PM

I use an RCBS neck brush with a small amount of RCBS lube on it. I don’t remove what little lube that remains.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/25/18 11:19 PM

I lube using various stuff. Then dump the whole bunch into solvent, remove and let air dry. The last time I didn’t lube was when I hung a 222 case in the die. It’s still there.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/25/18 11:49 PM

Hornady one shot and I don't worry with cleaning it out. I do get a nylon brush through it before loading.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/25/18 11:54 PM

Jason, what type of die do you use? What do you do to not create a problem with a stuck die, depend on luck????
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:20 AM

Hornady One Shot is what I usually use. I give the inside of the neck a quick swab with a nylon brush before I load.

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DLALLDER
Jason, what type of die do you use? What do you do to not create a problem with a stuck die, depend on luck????

RCBS, Redding, Hornady, use them all. Stuck cases have been lack of lube on the outside of the brass, not the inside. In tens of thousands of pieces of brass, I can count the stuck cases on two hands.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:51 AM

I mainly use Hornady One Shot. I just follow the instructions and angle the spray to where it gets a little about half way down the inside of the neck.

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 01:15 AM

I use One Shot occasionally. 45° east to west. Let dry for 1 minute, 45° west to east. Seems there's more sizing effort with it, rather than a lube pad, and Hornady Unique.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: DStroud
I mainly use Hornady One Shot. I just follow the instructions and angle the spray to where it gets a little about half way down the inside of the neck.

X2
Posted By: GLC

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Nothing

Same here. so far never a stuck case even on my 300 win mag.
Posted By: wp75169

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:20 PM

One shot and never look back.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
I use an RCBS neck brush with a small amount of RCBS lube on it. I don’t remove what little lube that remains.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/26/18 12:47 PM

That's why most use Redding Dies

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012424426/redding-carbide-size-button-kit

or if you don't try this, very good but be careful, can be messy if you spill

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/614125/imperial-dry-neck-lube-convenience-pak
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/31/18 12:47 PM

This is what I do.
Posted By: pertnear

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/31/18 02:12 PM

This is what I do too. If the case neck insides are particularly dirty I chuck an over-sized bronze bush in a drill & clean the necks first. Then I'll lube with a nylon brush. Then I aways tumble my sized brass to remove the lube from inside & out. Sometimes this tumble is only for 10 minutes - I'm too lazy to hand wipe off lube.

FWIW
Posted By: postoak

Re: Neck Lubing - 03/31/18 02:15 PM

I'm going to try some dry lube but I've been using Imperial Sizing Die Wax for years and just leave what little remains in the neck. Powder granules sometimes adhere to the inside of the neck, but I've never worried about it and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum