Texas Hunting Forum

Where to buy shotgun shell brass?

Posted By: BigPig

Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 02:59 PM

I need to buy shotgun shell brass for a project. Needs to have either a spent primer or new primer. I checked with local gun range, they want $5 per 25, I could buy loaded shells for that price and go shoot them myself, but then I’d have to cut the plastic off 150 shells
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 03:03 PM

It's inevitable tjat someone will ask, so I'll go through that door. How many you need, and wjat in heaven's name are you up to? Dyin of curiosity.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 03:09 PM

Believe you can order them through cabelas and probably many other places, bound to be someone you could get to seat some primers in em.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 03:09 PM

Land mines. Zombie traps. Burgler alarm. Baby sex reveal powder shooters. Trotline weights?
Posted By: Big Fitz

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 03:18 PM

Making a boobie-trap for package thieves? Saw a video that was hilarious. Just buy a cheap box of loaded ammo and gently cut the plastic case off.
Posted By: ckat

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Fitz
Making a boobie-trap for package thieves? Saw a video that was hilarious. Just buy a cheap box of loaded ammo and gently cut the plastic case off.

This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHI3vqNo7sk

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 06:47 PM

Actually using them for a serving tray. Going to buy a wine barrel, cut the top 2 bands off, flip it over, stain it, lay out the shotgun shells, place a name plate over them and cover with clear acrylic

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 06:48 PM

Need them all to be brass/copper color. I’ll take spent shells and cut the plastic off them with my band saw if I have too.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 09:00 PM

I don't know if I have any, but I'll look.
Posted By: Eyesofahunter

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/30/18 09:35 PM

BP you need 150? 12 Ga OK?

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/31/18 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Eyesofahunter
BP you need 150? 12 Ga OK?

Yes sir and 12 Ga is perfect
Posted By: Eyesofahunter

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 01/31/18 07:45 PM

I know I have 150 empty shells, I have to look and see if I have just brass bases.
Posted By: fishfree

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 02/02/18 04:15 PM

I can't imagine anyone charging $5 for 25 spent hulls! Primed, unfired hulls are 15cents at Midwayusa.

I would think a sporting clays club would let you pick any of the cheap fired hulls (that are not favored for reloading) for free. They normally pay to have them hauled off.

Also you might want to search youtube for separating the brass from the plastic- hobbyists use heat & just pull the plastic free from the brass.
Posted By: TLoving

Re: Where to buy shotgun shell brass? - 02/03/18 03:44 AM

Some of the trap and skeet ranges would let you pick up all that you wanted. On Gunbroker premium hulls run about $0.10 each. Other hulls are available for $0.04 each. Then there are some hulls that nobody wants that are thrown away by the shooting ranges.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum