Texas Hunting Forum

Anneal

Posted By: Critterskinner

Anneal - 01/25/18 03:46 PM

I currently use a Ballistic Edge case neck annealer but I am interested in one of the induction annealers. Anyone have any experience with the induction annealers?
Posted By: TackDriver

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 05:16 PM

Ask Judd, he has one.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 05:36 PM

I broke down and bought the Annealing Made Perfect unit and it is worth the cost. Highly recommend it.

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 06:53 PM

I will have to check out the Annealing Made Perfect unit. I was looking at the EZ-Anneal.
Posted By: cabosandinh

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 07:48 PM

The AMP is easy to use and precise on heating

Provided you used brass with known data
Or submit your brass to them

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Critterskinner
I will have to check out the Annealing Made Perfect unit. I was looking at the EZ-Anneal.

I have the BenchSource, I love it. Easy to use.

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: TackDriver

I already have a Ballistic Edge annealer that uses torches. I am looking at the induction models.
Posted By: jeffbird

Re: Anneal - 01/25/18 09:23 PM

I started with a Giraud, then a Benchsource, then the AMP. The AMP is significantly easier and safer to use. Wish I would have started with it from day 1 along with a Giraud trimmer.

That EZ Annealer looks very similar to the AMP, and have no experience with it, so cannot offer advice on choosing between those two.

Re: Anneal - 01/26/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: jeffbird

I started with a Giraud, then a Benchsource, then the AMP. The AMP is significantly easier and safer to use. Wish I would have started with it from day 1 along with a Giraud trimmer.

That EZ Annealer looks very similar to the AMP, and have no experience with it, so cannot offer advice on choosing between those two.

Yup, I mis-read OP post. If I shoot a ton of ammo, the AMP would be my pick, but its too expensive for my style of shooting, so I settled for the Benchsource. I agree that the AMP is a great annealer.
Posted By: hidalgo

Re: Anneal - 01/26/18 03:22 AM

I’ve got the AMP unit and think it is fantastic.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum