Texas Hunting Forum

Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets

Posted By: Wytex

Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets - 11/15/17 06:17 PM

Anyone reloading trophy bonded tipped in 165 gr 300wsm ? Federal has no data on that specific bullet weight. Going to work up a load for my 300wsm in 165 gr and a load for my 270wsm with 140 gr bullets. Wondering if accubond data will be close for starting point?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets - 11/15/17 07:37 PM

I would follow data from a barns, gmx, E-tip or other gilding metal bullet of a similar weight.

Personally never liked them and their cost is typically insane. If you haven't already bought them I would look into barnes, hornady GMX, nosler e-tip, or a partition.
Posted By: glb1955

Re: Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets - 11/15/17 08:08 PM

my 300 wsm did not like them at all, but that was factory Federals. The only Trophy Bonded bullet from Federal I have used is the old Trophy Bonded Bearclaw. Worked well on elk and shot okay too. I use the Nosler data since I use Accubonds in that rifle.
Posted By: magspa

Re: Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets - 11/17/17 04:52 AM

Sorry I can't help with the load data. But my wife just took two doe's with .223 62gr factory trophy bonded tip. Perfect performance. Both quartering to shots entered at base of neck and stopped offside opposite side of rib cage formed into perfect mushrooms. One did not take a step, the other ran about 30 yards.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets - 11/18/17 02:20 AM

I would use data for a monometal bullet. Advertised data shows that the monometal bullets usually require substantially less powder to achieve maximum pressure than lead core bullets of the same weight. It is for that difference that different data sets are usually provided for the two different types of bullet of the same weight.
Posted By: KC Huntin

Re: Trophy Bonded Tipped bullets - 12/11/17 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: magspa
Sorry I can't help with the load data. But my wife just took two doe's with .223 62gr factory trophy bonded tip. Perfect performance. Both quartering to shots entered at base of neck and stopped offside opposite side of rib cage formed into perfect mushrooms. One did not take a step, the other ran about 30 yards.

Wish i could find this ammo somewhere.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum