Texas Hunting Forum

shipping ammo

Posted By: colt45-90

shipping ammo - 10/06/17 11:37 AM

I have received ammo via usps, usps always ask's "anything potentially dangerous" and you don't declare it, what would happen?
Posted By: patriot07

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 12:10 PM

I answered "yes" to the question last time I shipped ammo a couple weeks ago and nothing happened at all. I shipped it in a priority mail flat rate box with zero issues.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 12:16 PM

Legally, ammo can NOT be shipped through the USPS.

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Well that's good to know now...
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07

Talk about screwing the pooch, not only did you let everyone know you also sent us photos. Shipped it just recently, did you ?
hanged
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 04:29 PM

I send all my ammo through UPS. I can not even send ammo through UPS to a USPS PO Box. The ammo is not allowed to even be delivered within the USPS.
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 04:44 PM

Patriot, hope you got your bugout bag ready to boogie.

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Originally Posted By: patriot07

Talk about screwing the pooch, not only did you let everyone know you also sent us photos. Shipped it just recently, did you ?
hanged
Didn't send out any photos. Just mailed the ammo. Had no idea it was illegal. Cashier asked said if it had anything fragile, hazardous, etc. to press "yes", so I did. He took it and sent it on its way for me.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: shipping ammo - 10/06/17 07:59 PM

I've always shipped it UPS, with the ORM-D stickers as required, and from the UPS warehouse/depot, not your local UPS store.

As the OP asked, 'What would happen if you don't declare it', technically you have lied to a government agency and also illegally shipped ammunition. I don't think they'd be happy about either of those.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: shipping ammo - 10/07/17 01:11 AM

thanks, the answers were what I thought, I have received ammo usps (collectable ammo) off gunbroker, I thought at the time its was a no no
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum