Texas Hunting Forum

Hornady Autocharge Dispenser

Posted By: RiverRider

Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 11:46 AM

Natchez has this thing on sale for $159 this morning. Maybe it's being discontinued---who knows. If you want one, now's the time. I wouldn't recommend it, personally, but that's just my opinion and opinions differ. If you buy one, I hope you're happy with it!
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 01:21 PM

Just curious, why don't you recommend it? I use the RCBS CM, but have thought about the Hornady one.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 01:34 PM

I have had two Chargemasters, and while not perfect they are pretty good equipment. I had a Hornady for a while and it seemed like the scale just wasn't near as good as the RCBS. It had a tendency to be a little flakey, and I dont believe it was as fast as the RCBS scales. I think it may have been more susceptible to noise, hard to say why it was like it was.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 04:14 PM

I agree with Riverrider on the Hornady, it works but I got a lot more over throws and iinconsistent charges with the Hornady than I have experienced with the RCBS. The scale on the Hornady dosent seem to respond as quickly even if using it as a weigh scale not using the powder drop part. Many times it would cut off then drift up a tenth or two of a grain. Now The one I had I bought in like June of 2011. So hopefully they have improved since then
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 04:32 PM

I have both. I would get the rcbs. The hornady is powder dependent. easy to throw powders it's great. Varget is a pita.

The rcbs is also a more stout unit.

Chad if I can find the power supply you can borrow mine to test it out if you want
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 09:00 PM

RCBS has a new one out called THE LIGHT?
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/18/17 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
RCBS has a new one out called THE LIGHT?

http://rcbs.com/Products/Powder-Measures...84%A2-Lite.aspx
Posted By: HicksHunter

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/19/17 02:10 PM

RCBS had a $75 rebate on the Chargemaster last year. I purchased one for $300, and ended up only paying $225 total for one.

At that price, there's almost no reason to go with the Hornady or Lyman dispensers.

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/19/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: HicksHunter
RCBS had a $75 rebate on the Chargemaster last year. I purchased one for $300, and ended up only paying $225 total for one.

At that price, there's almost no reason to go with the Hornady or Lyman dispensers.

I got the same deal. Agree on buying it at that price over the others.

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/19/17 02:30 PM

Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/19/17 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

I did a little better than that....I bought mine from Cabelas on Black Friday for $275 with a $75 rebate grin
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/19/17 06:50 PM

thanks for the post on the Lite MM up
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/19/17 09:40 PM

I like Hornady equipment but I would pass on the powder dispenser. I have run my 3 RCBS's and several friends and 3 of the Hornady's and the RCBS is noticeably better.

As far as deals I bought my first on sale at Cabelas about 8-9 years ago. It died after 3 years and for 50.00 back then RCBS would swap you a new one. Since then I have stumbled across two more like new in the bargain cave and picked them up for half price.
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Hornady Autocharge Dispenser - 04/22/17 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: ETXFIREMAN 1
Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

I did a little better than that....I bought mine from Cabelas on Black Friday for $275 with a $75 rebate grin

I got mine from Cabelas on the day before Black Friday for $275, $75 rebate, and $150 in Cabelas bucks smile
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum