Texas Hunting Forum

Price Questions

Posted By: cjconley

Price Questions - 10/28/16 01:59 PM

What would be a fair price for a used single reloading press. Starting to look around and see what all is out there.
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 02:49 PM

Depends on the model. A Lee vs a Forster are going to be very different.
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 04:57 PM

I think you can buy the Lee Challenger kit new for what a used press made by other companies would cost you.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 09:15 PM

In general good presses don't lose value. I am using the one my dad used when he was growing up. It looks almost identical to the new one
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 09:30 PM

$50 - $75 for a Rockchucker or Redding Boss, You can blast clean them with Brake Cleaner, be sure and lube it really good.
Posted By: postoak

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 09:51 PM

You can get a Lee Precision Press off ebay for less than $40.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
$50 - $75 for a Rockchucker or Redding Boss, You can blast clean them with Brake Cleaner, be sure and lube it really good.

Yup. Go with green iron, and you won't go wrong!
Posted By: Creedmoor

Re: Price Questions - 10/28/16 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider

AGREED. A 'Chucker in good used condition will still have a lot of years left in it.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Price Questions - 10/30/16 10:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Creedmoor
Originally Posted By: RiverRider

AGREED. A 'Chucker in good used condition will still have a lot of years left in it.

I have two sitting in boxes....one was my brothers and the other was given to me by my wife, which is only two years old, neither will be sold. Who knows I might set them up later.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum