Texas Hunting Forum

.270 bullet help

Posted By: mason15

.270 bullet help - 08/15/16 09:07 PM

Anyone ever used Winchester AccuBond .270 Win. 140 Grain AccuBond?
Posted By: cblackall

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/15/16 09:58 PM

Is your question about the loaded ammo or the bullet?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/15/16 09:59 PM

140 gr accubond is a very good bullet for the 270 Winchester, it is my favorite bullet for the 270 WSM. The Accubond was designed to fly like a Nosler Ballistic Tip and perform in game like a partition, pretty good combination.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/15/16 10:11 PM

+1 on what KMON said ...lots of really good game bullets for 270... but IMO you could use that 140gr AB for the rest of your life and never need anything else for every from Elk to mice.
Ron
Posted By: mason15

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/15/16 11:52 PM

thanks guys hopefully my TC likes them
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/18/16 02:51 PM

Yes I use them extensively in .270win for hunting and have for years, great bullet with excellent accuracy & on game performance. After trying every bullet I can get my hands on in .270 both loaded factory ammo as well as loading my own, I have come to the conclusion that the 140gr accubond is the best all around bullet for .270win as well as all the faster .270's (Wby,WSM,ect).

If your loading your own ammo I use the 140gr. accubond with Reloader #22 powder loaded 1 grain under max with Winchester large rifle primers.

If your buying your ammo both Winchester & Federal offer the 140gr. accubond in loaded ammo.

FYI I also use the Hornady 140gr. BTSP in my .270win with the same powder charge as the accubond and found that they both have the same point of impact, allowing me to use the cheaper Hornady bullets for practice and doe/hog hunting at less than half the cost of the accubond and can switch between the two rounds without having to worry about resighting my rifle.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/20/16 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
+1 on what KMON said ...lots of really good game bullets for 270... but IMO you could use that 140gr AB for the rest of your life and never need anything else for every from Elk to mice.
Ron
that being said, maybe not all rifles would like it.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/21/16 05:23 PM

It usally goes without saying as an accepted basic premise, that proven bullet accuracy in a given barrel trumps any potential or advertised or bullet performance ...whether that bullet shoots straight in all you other same caliber rifles or not...

...and why you start with what you'd like to have for a "do all" bullet X's instead of trying to make a hopelesssly inaccurate bullet in your gun shoot to your desired level of accuracy.

No upside to chasin' the "one size fits all" previous usage or advertising....if it doan't shoot straight to begin with in that particular rifle. Or said another way....I would have NOT married my wife's sister under any circumtances, and my wife of close to 50 years can sometimes barely stand to be in the same room with the guy her sister married either time.
Ron
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/21/16 07:21 PM

My Weatherby .270 loves Core-lokt and outshoots my abilities. I have never even tried another round.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/22/16 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
My Weatherby .270 loves Core-lokt and outshoots my abilities. I have never even tried another round.

I have a Browning X Bolt in .270 Win. that's the same way. Loves those Corelokts, I'm not complaining. Bought 6 boxes from the same lot # so I'm set for a little while...
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: .270 bullet help - 08/22/16 02:01 PM

Remember- it's not that your rifle dislikes or likes a certain bullet. Your rifle shoots well with a certain bullet because of the powder and powder charge used with that bullet. So if your rifle does not like a certain factory load with a 140 AB, then try a different mfg ammo with the same bullet. Or- just get the good stuff below!!!

http://dallasreloads.com/product-category/270-winchester/
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum