Texas Hunting Forum

Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

Posted By: mikei

Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/11/16 03:06 PM

Do any of you have and pet loads that you've developed for your RPR in 6.5 CM? If so, I'd appreciate it if you'd share them with me. If you're concerned about publishing powder weights, just let me know what kind of powder and projectile you use in your pet load and I'll take it from there.
Posted By: Bbear

Re: Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/11/16 04:19 PM

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/6-5-creedmoor-load-data-161793/

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8529662/Best_load_for_6_5_creedmoor

Might find something good in these reads.

Re: Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/11/16 04:20 PM

Thanks, Bbear; I'll scrub 'em down and see what I can find!
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/11/16 05:35 PM

Every 6.5 Creedmoor I've been around ran a 140 gr high BC bullet atop 42.0-42.8 gr of H-4350.

Start at 41.0 gr and work up from there.

Re: Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/11/16 06:54 PM

Thanks, FiremanJG; I'll start building a few rounds after supper tonight.
Posted By: cblackall

Re: Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/12/16 04:14 AM

Exactly what FiremanJG said. I've put a lot of rounds through my Ruger Precision in 6.5 CM using H4350 and 140 A-maxes. Pet loads are hard to define, as lot to lot variation in powder can vary substantially. The lot I'm running now is really slow for example. Stay within the parameters Fireman gave you, and you'll have no problem finding a load that shoots. Another consideration in this particular rifle is case OAL if you're running the supplied Pmags. You'll be limited to a COAL of around 2.800", which could have bearing on your bullet selection. Berger VLD's for example typically like to be loaded close to the lands, but I've had some success at the 2.800 length in my rifle. YMMV. I've been thoroughly impressed with this rifle for price, and there's not much I feed it that won't shoot.

Re: Pet loads for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor - 06/12/16 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: cblackall
Exactly what FiremanJG said. I've put a lot of rounds through my Ruger Precision in 6.5 CM using H4350 and 140 A-maxes. Pet loads are hard to define, as lot to lot variation in powder can vary substantially. The lot I'm running now is really slow for example. Stay within the parameters Fireman gave you, and you'll have no problem finding a load that shoots. Another consideration in this particular rifle is case OAL if you're running the supplied Pmags. You'll be limited to a COAL of around 2.800", which could have bearing on your bullet selection. Berger VLD's for example typically like to be loaded close to the lands, but I've had some success at the 2.800 length in my rifle. YMMV. I've been thoroughly impressed with this rifle for price, and there's not much I feed it that won't shoot.

Thanks,cblackall. I've got a couple of boxes of Berger VLD's, and will start with them, H4350, and as long a COAL as I can get to feed through the mags included with the firearm.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum