Texas Hunting Forum

Making 6.5 Rem Mg brass from ??

Posted By: WileyCoyote

Making 6.5 Rem Mg brass from ?? - 05/03/16 12:59 PM

Somewhere I remember seeing a thread from a knowledable source about the pro's & con's of making 6.5 Rem Mag brass out of another belted mag case...seems like it was 7 Rem Mg brass the guy was talking about using and s'posed to be not too difficult, just time consuming, with dies readily available from Forster or Redding. 7RMg brass dimensions are awfully close to 264WMg's to begin with.

Any body done this, or got a source for DIY info? Just not looking to recreate the wheel from scratch....and get better quality than Rem'Chester brass at the end of the day from a readily available source.
Ron
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Making 6.5 Rem Mg brass from ?? - 05/03/16 02:00 PM

Can't you still buy the 350 Rem Mag brass? And I think Derrick at Horizon said he had a pile of the 6.5 brass.
Posted By: WileyCoyote

Re: Making 6.5 Rem Mg brass from ?? - 05/03/16 08:00 PM

Hmmm? That'd be worth looking into. I ran into some new RP 6.5Mg brass last year from an estate and sold it for beacoup bux to a guy in California. As far as I know new mfg 6.5RMg is hyper scarce.

I did however see something last year about short annual runs of RP brass being scheduled sometime in the future.
Ron
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum