Texas Hunting Forum

Ammo cabinet options

Posted By: Texas Dan

Ammo cabinet options - 02/15/16 09:30 PM

Anyone have suggestions for an ammo cabinet? Just looking for something that works better than the storage locker I'm now using that has everything pretty much stacked together.

I noticed Walmart has a Stack-On cabinet for about $100 bucks that has three adjustable shelves. No fire protection but it does lock well enough to keep out kids.
Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

Re: Ammo cabinet options - 02/16/16 01:37 AM

I have a pretty big safe, so I keep my ammo in there. But I do have a couple of these cabinets mounted in my garage (two of the mid size w/double doors on the top row). They're made by Gladiator which I think is a division of Whirlpool. I've had them for about ten years and love them. I use them for other things, but would be great for ammo storage. They lock and have adjustable shelves. Not sure who all sells them now, but I'm pretty sure I got mine at Sears.

*Edit....just saw that at least HD carries them.

Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Ammo cabinet options - 02/16/16 03:49 AM

Originally Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe
I have a pretty big safe, so I keep my ammo in there. But I do have a couple of these cabinets mounted in my garage (two of the mid size w/double doors on the top row). They're made by Gladiator which I think is a division of Whirlpool. I've had them for about ten years and love them. I use them for other things, but would be great for ammo storage. They lock and have adjustable shelves. Not sure who all sells them now, but I'm pretty sure I got mine at Sears.

*Edit....just saw that at least HD carries them.

Thanks!
Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

Re: Ammo cabinet options - 02/16/16 04:21 AM

No problem Dan. The diamond grade looks good too and they mount really solid with the tracks they hook onto (that white in the background). And now that I think about it, I might clear some space in mine and just move some or all of my ammo into them to give me some more space in the safe.

They're not cheap....think I paid a couple hundred apiece even back then, but worth it. If I had more available wall space in the garage, I'd get a couple more. Don't think you'll be disappointed. Here is a link to the ones I bought.

Gladiator Cabinets at HD
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum