Texas Hunting Forum

Perfecta .308

Posted By: rdhibbs

Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 12:54 AM

I just bought some Prefecta ammo in .308 for a bolt action fifle. Any one have experince with it? Is it worth a hoot?
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 01:36 AM

Never had any experience with it Sir, give her a few pops and see how clean it is and how it performs up

Looks like it's made by Fiocchi/Tula
Posted By: Regular Guy

Re: Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 02:01 AM

It's made by Fiocchi, imported by Tula. I have used the perfecta .243 soft points, and my gun likes them. I can put 10 (yes, ten) in a 1 and 1/2 inch group at 100 meters. That's shooting off a bag rest, using a $44 Tasco 3-9x40 Bucksight, and at the end of the day as well. Starting with a freshly scrubbed, clean cold bore, ten shots fell into 1 and 3/4 inch. Three or five shot groups would probably be 1/2" to 1". In a more capable marksman's hands, they may shoot even better. I think there are better loads, but at the price point, you won't be dissappointed. The most accurate ammo I have tested in my gun only beat it by a quarter of an inch in a ten shot group, and I was feeling good and likely shooting marginally better at the time. For less than $16 a box, with this much accuracy, the perfecta soft points are my go to ammunition for now.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 02:19 AM

I've shot it in my .308 and it seems to be great ammo for practice and getting your rifle close while sighting it in. Every round fired like it should and it appears to be accurate ammo.
Posted By: rdhibbs

Re: Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 01:43 PM

Thank you all for your reply's, you have made me feel better.

We were in Walmart last night to get hunting supplies for my 12 year old son's first hunt and we needed ammo. While looking we spotted the Perfecta. I asked the clerk what he knew about the ammo, which was nothing. Bob looked down and said it is made by Winchester, I saw what he was looking at and agreed and bought the stuff.

On the way to the car the wind blew the receipt out of my hand. Then I read the box and relisted that the name of the round was .308 Winchester, and I was afraid I had bought him junk for his first hunt.

Every thing I have read and heard on the net has been good though, and I got the chance to explain to Bob that some calibers are named after the company that created them, which has nothing to do with the brand of ammo you are buying.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 01:53 PM

Good Luck on your Son's first Hunt and post up some Pics up
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Perfecta .308 - 09/16/15 02:00 PM

I've used Perfecta ammo for several pistols and rifles and it has all been good.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum