Texas Hunting Forum

Lucky break on 22 ammo

Posted By: 603Country

Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/16/15 07:56 PM

Wife wanted to go to Waco to do some shopping and have lunch. Ok, that worked for me, so off we went. She likes to shop at Kohls, and it's right next door to Cabelas. She wanted me to go kill some time in Cabelas while she did her clothes rack grazing. Nothing I needed at Cabelas, but I wandered around to the ammo shelves and....and....loads of 22 ammo in bricks and 50 round boxes. Lots of Lapua Brass and other bags of brass. Lots of Hornady bullets, and a pretty good supply of Nosler (but no 6.5 stuff at all). How nice. Glad I took her shopping. Yay me!
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/16/15 08:43 PM

Cool story. Thanks for sharing. up
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/16/15 09:46 PM

I hardly ever get to Cabelas, I'd take the wife shopping to get the chance.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/16/15 10:24 PM

Congratulations. Plus, you get extra points for headed out shopping with the wife on a Saturday.

The most fun purchases are the ones you hadn't planned (and aren't required).
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/16/15 11:17 PM

Good deal. I was there several days ago and they had quite a bit of .22 ammo and I never buy any just knowing how the market is. Maybe it's getting better as they have had it for nearly a week as I was there again today to see if they had the new Bushnell RF.

All the brass was on sale too but right now I only need a little 22-250 brass and have plenty of all the other brass they have in stock.

Actually as of today their normal stock of bullets and powder are a little down but not badly. I wish they would hurry up and get some of the new Tipped Sierra MatchKings.... I check every time I am there which is often as its 10 minutes away.
Posted By: orpco

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/16/15 11:36 PM

I was in Allen last week, while my wife was browsing the clothes rack at her regular haunts and I saw Federal target in 325 counts and also fancy wooden boxes of 500 I think it was. Didn't take any because I was boarding a plane to leave the area. But it is nice to see some 22 ammo. I picked up some at Walmart not too long ago. 100 count CCI high velocity.
Posted By: Rocklock

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/17/15 01:00 AM

Cabelas in Buda has had .22 LR the last two times I was by there. Refused to pay $0.07 a round and walked on.
Posted By: DStroud

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/17/15 09:17 PM

Your lucky break was not being there today. The whole area at least a mile radius is under lock-down by SWAT and police.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/18/15 07:35 PM

Cabela's in Lubbock hasn't had .22 in months, probably since the grand opening. I did come across one box of CCI .22 WMR one day and it came home with me. May check again soon to see if anything has changed but I've been there 10-12 times and they've never had any LR. Our Academy is the same way, they usually have some 50ct Aguila but that's about it. Somebody out here in WT is sitting on a crapton of .22.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/18/15 10:10 PM

I just started loading my own .22lr
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Lucky break on 22 ammo - 05/18/15 11:17 PM

I am happy that I wasn't there for the biggest gunfight in Texas since the 1880's. The Gunfight at the Twin Peaks Corral. If we'd been in my truck, I'd have been hiding behind the engine block. If we'd been in the wife's Lexus, she'd have had my body between the shooting and her car, stopping bullets. She loves that car.

I heard that every small town cop in central Texas was driving hard to get to Waco before the shooting stopped.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum