Texas Hunting Forum

It only makes sense to keep buying toys....

Posted By: dredd

It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/25/15 10:50 PM

Once you end up with a small fortune tied up in reloading equipment, it only makes sense to continually put it to good use.

30 Carbine ought to be a snap and just think of all the money I will save on ammo!!!

What started out with loading 45ACP has turned into 10 calibers (so far) LOL

This sure is a fun, mentally stimulating and rewarding hobby.
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/25/15 11:43 PM

Just look around and buy you some dies, brass, bullets, and etc. for caliber you like. Then it is a good excuse to pick up another gun since you have all the reloading gear for it.. cheers
Posted By: kmon11

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/25/15 11:56 PM

I have bought guns because I had dies for a particular caliber. Once you have the basic setup adding calibers for reloading s a piece of cake.

The TC Contenders and Encore platforms became big money pits for me. So many caliber combinations out there to play with, makes the toy collection grow and grow.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/26/15 02:25 PM

Then you start figuring out what equipment will speed up the process. That turns into a Chargemaster and a CoAx press. I havn't totaled what I have invested in equipment and dies, I'm afraid of the total.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/26/15 03:06 PM

Yep, but we are saving a bunch of money loading our own ammo, aren't we.........
Posted By: Judd

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/26/15 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Then you start figuring out what equipment will speed up the process. That turns into a Chargemaster and a CoAx press. I havn't totaled what I have invested in equipment and dies, I'm afraid of the total.

Agreed! I had a buddy ask what it would cost to get into the clay shooting stuff. I told him I didn't know and really didn't want to add it up. I did tell him I could save him some money because I have learned what won't work rofl
Posted By: J.G.

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/26/15 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: 603Country
Yep, but we are saving a bunch of money loading our own ammo, aren't we.........

Eventually, yes, if we shoot enough.

I'm after match ammo for each rifle. Loading my own provides that, and I shoot more rifle ammo than your average bear. 40 rounds yesterday evening. Normal day is 5-ish, some days 100, big rifle match 200+, prairie dogs 500 in two days.

I bet I'm out way cheaper annually evem with all the upgrades I've made. I'm gonna shoot em anyway, might as well save where I can.
Posted By: Cleric

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/26/15 08:22 PM

my issue is that i bought stuff when i used to shoot a lot more...now life has caught up to me and its hard to shoot.
Posted By: Minter66

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/27/15 08:41 PM

I keep telling my wife we have assets that don't depreciate, but can only appreciate. It's an investment I tell ya!
Posted By: okie44

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/27/15 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
I have bought guns because I had dies for a particular caliber. Once you have the basic setup adding calibers for reloading s a piece of cake.

The TC Contenders and Encore platforms became big money pits for me. So many caliber combinations out there to play with, makes the toy collection grow and grow.

What he said! cheers
Posted By: tth_40

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/29/15 01:15 PM

I started out with hand loading to save money, over the years I've gotten to the point where I enjoy loading tailored ammo for each of my firearms as much as shooting them.
Posted By: BIGDOG1956

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/29/15 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: tth_40
I started out with hand loading to save money, over the years I've gotten to the point where I enjoy loading tailored ammo for each of my firearms as much as shooting them.

I agree with this totally.

I have gotten guns from one of my boys Dad I cant make this gun shoot good groups with factory loads!

This is a peace of junk do you want it.

I will us this a challenge and develop hand loads an make it shoot tight. aim
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: It only makes sense to keep buying toys.... - 04/30/15 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 603Country

I keep telling my wife this. Every time I do she stares at me through narrowed eyes. Reloading can be risky. eeks333
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum