Texas Hunting Forum

Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place?

Posted By: TheOilman

Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/03/15 10:47 PM

I'm getting ready to stock up on 9mm and 45 bullets in case this m855 ammo scare turns in to a full blown ammo run again. So far the cheapest 9mm I have found is $70 for 1000 115gn plates RN that's with shipping. Anyone know of a cheaper place? Thanks for info.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/03/15 11:50 PM

It will be hard to do better than that for plated / jacketed.
Posted By: Piper354

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/04/15 01:19 PM

I like Xtreme bullets for all my plated coke can busting rounds. Straight from the manufacturer and plenty of options for many calibers. I use them for 9mm, 45ACP, 30M1 cabine, and use their jacketed .223 55G FMJs. Very good prices too.

Mike
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/04/15 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: TheOilman
I'm getting ready to stock up on 9mm and 45 bullets in case this m855 ammo scare turns in to a full blown ammo run again. So far the cheapest 9mm I have found is $70 for 1000 115gn plates RN that's with shipping. Anyone know of a cheaper place? Thanks for info.

smart idea; the 'run' has already started (on all .223 ammo stuff). I'm good on pistol supplies.
Luckily I ordered about 2 weeks ago some .223 projectiles in bulk (while they were on sale); in-route via ups now, and now off sale & out-of-stock again, and at many online vendors too. Got some brass just in the nick of time too.

Cabela's has some Berry's plated bullets on sale right now decent prices (and most are 'back-orderable' if out of stock).
I've had good luck with them in pistols.
Posted By: okierifleman

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/04/15 04:20 PM

I use either Berry's or Ranier's in my 45's and 9's. They are cheap and you can usually find them at Natchez
Posted By: TheOilman

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/04/15 08:44 PM

I tried out a new company this time. I usually don't like to order as much as I did from someone new but $70 for 1000 was by far the cheapest I found. Cabelas wanted $65 for 500.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/04/15 11:48 PM

Picked up some of my stuff from cheaper than dirt
Posted By: tth_40

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/05/15 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: okierifleman
I use either Berry's or Ranier's in my 45's and 9's. They are cheap and you can usually find them at Natchez

Yup.

Precision Delta has worked pretty good for me as well.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Getting ready to stock up on reloading supplies what's cheapest place? - 03/05/15 11:34 PM

I like to buy online, where, depends on shipping. I will shop. I do like Midway since they lowered their shipping.

Also , don't want to order from Cabelas or Bass Pro to avoid sales,taxes. I will go there and buy, using reward points.

It really all washes out, whatever makes you happy
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum