Texas Hunting Forum

Which Chronograph?

Posted By: MDMORROW

Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 04:08 PM

I'm going to buy a chrono here pretty quick and was wondering what the consensus is on the best one. I know the magneto speed is supposed to be really good but I want one that I can shoot my bow and pistols through too. Also, I don't care for how the magneto speed mounts to the barrel. Doesn't seem like it would work my AR's that have a long hand guard.
Posted By: oldoak2000

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 04:12 PM

cant beat this deal for $69 /sale ( and uses smartphone for remote / stats!! ) I got one on the way:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/626107/...=ProductFinding
Posted By: dee

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 04:13 PM

Ohler of the best. r 35 (sp?) One

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 04:44 PM

That's a pretty good deal right there.

Originally Posted By: oldoak2000
cant beat this deal for $69 /sale ( and uses smartphone for remote / stats!! ) I got one on the way:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/626107/...=ProductFinding
Posted By: jbd76266

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 04:55 PM

http://www.mylabradar.com/#About-Us

bounce

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 05:04 PM

I saw the ad for that one. Looks pretty awesome but its not out yet and definitely a lot more than what I need.
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 06:29 PM

I need the radar one!!!

Honestly, the $69 one will give you more head ache than good. The CED M2 is what I use and is freakin' awesome. The Magneto Speed is also a good one.

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 06:34 PM

Cool thanks for the info
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 07:38 PM

budget?

Pro Chrono works great

Magneto if you got extra bucks
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 08:28 PM

I shot the Magneto this weekend. Really like it but like you said not gonna use it with a bow or handgun.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dee
Ohler of the best. r 35 (sp?) One

agreed...I have one and it's a great chronograph. The radar peaks my interested due to setup and no risk of shooting it grin

Main time I use a Chrono is load tuning and a magneto doesn't work for me because I'm not tuning a barrel with something strapped to the end of it. They are awesome, depending on what you use a chrono for.

Re: Which Chronograph? - 02/27/15 11:29 PM

I think I might go with the ced for now. I got on the mailing list for the radar but who knows when that will actually come to fruition.
Posted By: Rock Rancher

Re: Which Chronograph? - 03/01/15 03:15 AM

CED M2
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Which Chronograph? - 03/01/15 04:53 PM

I picked up the CED M2 after Chad recommended it to me. So far, it has been great. I'm glad I went with the CED because I've already chronoed my bow and a few pistols. Can't do that with the Magneto.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Which Chronograph? - 03/01/15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
budget?

Pro Chrono works great

Magneto if you got extra bucks

I have a Pro Chrono and like it, but would like to test it against a different brand and see what happens. A lot of the loads I chrono'd showed up significantly lower than expected, although a few rounds were faster than listed too.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Which Chronograph? - 03/01/15 06:07 PM

Let me know what you find when you compare...that's a great question!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum