Texas Hunting Forum

7mm rem ultra mag brass source??

Posted By: Team By-God

7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 03:03 AM

My brother is looking for 7mm ultra brass and 160 nosler accubond bullets. Every place we have looked is out of stock , anyone know of a good source or are components still hard to find?
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 03:32 AM

Good luck!!! That's a hard one to find.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 05:41 AM

Push come to shove might have to make it from 300 RUM, will take some work but can be done. Get a neck turner if he has to go that route.

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 12:19 PM

Dang, not the news i was looking for. My brother has alot of brass but doesn't know how many times he has loaded them. What all does he need to look for to find problem brass?
Posted By: redchevy

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 01:54 PM

I would start with crack/splits, loose primer pockets, and erosion of the body near case head. If he doesn't anneal doing so may help.

There is no fun in owning that round and not letting it run! but staying off max/near max loads will greatly increase brass life.
Posted By: bside

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 01:55 PM

I actually have a box of .284 160 AB

I've been debating if I want to load them or not. If you need them, I'm happy to sell them instead

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 03:34 PM

Its a good bullet, my brother has killed whitetail,mule deer, hogs, oryx and elkw with that bullet. He lives in NM, he was going to look in Albuquerque and see whats there, got a few places i will look locally, but may not like the prices..
Originally Posted By: bside
I actually have a box of .284 160 AB

I've been debating if I want to load them or not. If you need them, I'm happy to sell them instead
Posted By: okierifleman

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 04:57 PM

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=463635317

Check this link out. You are going to pay about $2.00 each for them, but they have them.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/21/15 11:57 PM

This caliber is really good, now Nolser is coming out with the 28 Nosler, seems pretty close to the 7mm RUM

I may have a lead on some brass, my BIL has a nice 700 in 7mmRUM. never shoots it since the safety split his thumb open the first time he shot it

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/22/15 12:27 AM

Loading 90 g retumbo, im seeing 88 starting and 94 max so not exactly pushing the limits..
Originally Posted By: redchevy
I would start with crack/splits, loose primer pockets, and erosion of the body near case head. If he doesn't anneal doing so may help.

There is no fun in owning that round and not letting it run! but staying off max/near max loads will greatly increase brass life.
Posted By: cmorsch

Re: 7mm rem ultra mag brass source?? - 01/25/15 04:45 AM

your primer pockets should go before the case cracks on a RUM from what Ive seen.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum