Texas Hunting Forum

CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph

Posted By: MacDaddy21

CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph - 12/22/14 12:18 AM

Which one do you prefer and why? Trying to figure out which of these I should get for Xmas. Any input is appreciated.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph - 12/22/14 01:26 AM

An optical chronograph is what I would rather use during load development. I shoot ladder tests and group shots based on the ladder results. I don't want a dang thing clamped to the barrel. It may not cause a problem depending on barrel contour, but I would be second guessing the load. However, the Magneto provides a more accurate telling of the true velocity of the load since it is not light dependant.

So, unfortunately, the answer is that you need both. laugh
Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph - 12/22/14 01:38 AM

I use the CED M2 since I shoot multiple rifles at one setting. I need a shoot through. But if you are shooting 1 rifle and chronoing it, then the Magneto is really cool. It works very well. Like JG said, I also don't like something hanging off the end of my barrel. The thinner the profile, the more it can effect the load and harmonics.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph - 12/22/14 01:59 AM

How's the magneto handle a muzzle brake? Does it get blown off ???
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph - 12/22/14 02:02 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I have the same thoughts about the Magneto hanging off my barrel, even though it may be more accurate.

It's sounding like the CED M2 is going to be my best bet.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: CED M2 vs MagnetoSpeed Chronograph - 12/22/14 02:22 AM

Use a magneto yesterday and today on my 300 win mag with a thunderbeast brake..no issue worked great never missed a beat. Easy to setup and didnt have to yell cold range and stop everyone to set it up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum