Texas Hunting Forum

Hornady Get Loaded promotion

Posted By: redchevy

Hornady Get Loaded promotion - 12/12/14 02:11 PM

Has anyone else participated in the Hornady Get Loaded promotion?

I originally thought it was only if you bought a press, but recently ordered a set of Hornady Custom Grade Dies and in my shipping box it said to check the Hornady website and sure enough, I pay $6.95 shipping and handling and get a box of 100 bullets. Not a huge fan of Hornady bullets but cant go wrong for the price and they will make good practice ammo. Nice offer and I was completely surprised because I didn't know the offer applied to the dies as well.
Posted By: aggiehunter03

Re: Hornady Get Loaded promotion - 12/12/14 02:28 PM

I've done it when I bought my setup. I got a bunch of those cheap plinking 22 caliber soft points. Traded them for some I could use though so worked out great. Think I got 500. It was also during the middle of the shortage so that was nice trade bait.
Posted By: schmellba99

Re: Hornady Get Loaded promotion - 12/12/14 03:44 PM

Yep - bought my LnL AP way back when you got 1000 projos - worked out great as I had just bought a Garand and opted for the .308 150 FMJ's.

I've also bought multiple dies since then and saved up for a while - opted for the .451 185 XTP's last time - got 900 of them in that shipment.

I was buying a press anyway, and I was buying dies anyway, so the money was going to be spent regardless. I like the fact that I got "free" projos - and 1900 of them so far. Can't complain too much. Delivery times were about 4-6 weeks for both of them after sending my stuff in, so both times it was a nice surprise in the mail.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum