Texas Hunting Forum

Thumbs up for NECO and Quickload

Posted By: kmon11

Thumbs up for NECO and Quickload - 12/04/14 11:43 PM

The old PC I had quickload on died and the replacement has Windows 8 and the 4 year old version of Quickloads of course doesn't work with Windows 8. Called them this after noon and getting a new version updated to work with Windows 7 and 8 with new powders updated through January of this year for $21 upgrade charge.

For those that do not know about Quickloads it is an very powerful and remarkable accurate program for predicting internal ballistics for any cartridge you can think of. If the cartridge is not in the database it allows you to create your own wildcat and see calculated results.

While not a substitute for reloading manuals and online data from powder manufactures it is another tool that is very interesting to use.

http://www.neconos.com/details3.htm
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Thumbs up for NECO and Quickload - 12/05/14 03:41 AM

From what I can tell no Mac support. I wish they would make an app. It looks like amazing software
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Thumbs up for NECO and Quickload - 12/05/14 12:15 PM

It's a great program! Get to fiddling with it and you'll discover all kinds of stuff, and you'll look up at the clock AMD wonder where the time went.

There ate programs for Macs that will allow you to run PC software.
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Thumbs up for NECO and Quickload - 12/05/14 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Cleric
From what I can tell no Mac support. I wish they would make an app. It looks like amazing software

There are any number of ways to run Windows software on a mac. VMware, Virtual Box, BootCamp, Parallels, etc. Do a search on "run windows software on OS X" or similar, and you will be flooded with HowTo articles.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Thumbs up for NECO and Quickload - 12/05/14 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
It's a great program! Get to fiddling with it and you'll discover all kinds of stuff, and you'll look up at the clock AMD wonder where the time went.

There ate programs for Macs that will allow you to run PC software.

That time part is dang sure the truth. I have probably spent enough time discovering stuff with it to have reloaded every piece of brass I own. Sure comes in handy though for obsolete calibers and wildcats that there is no published data. It is also amazing how accurate it is with predicting velocity of many loads.

It is worth the price IMO for the entertainment and education.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum