Texas Hunting Forum

trying to find dies

Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

trying to find dies - 01/30/13 04:32 AM

Anyone know somewhere that has 223 dies in stock? I will also need a crimp die as these loads are for the AR.
Posted By: kayz

Re: trying to find dies - 01/30/13 09:13 PM

Its going to be a stretch finding anything associated with .223 right now. You can backorder them from midway.
Posted By: bluetopper

Re: trying to find dies - 01/30/13 09:32 PM

Maybe look on Gunbroker.com.
Posted By: Fatalwishes' Wife

Re: trying to find dies - 01/30/13 10:13 PM

Dillon Precision.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: trying to find dies - 01/30/13 11:39 PM

Let me go dig around in my loading stuff and I might have an extra die set. In the interest of reloading research, I have: Standard FL resizing die; Neck sizing die; Lee Collect Neck sizing die; Redding FL type S FL sizing die, and I am going to use them to decide which manner of resizing really gives me the best accuracy. When all the dust settles, I will probably have no need of the basic reloading dies that I started making 223 with. I think the base set is Hornady. So I'm not ready to sell the set just yet, but probably will in a couple of weeks when all my loading and shooting is finished.

Everybody talks about this sizing die and that sizing die and FL versus neck sizing. On and on the debate goes. So...by golly...I bought one of each and I'll just see what really is the most accurate. I want to know and I'll load and shoot till I'm sure of the answer. And I'll tell all of ya'll what I found, if you are interested.
Posted By: SpoonPlatoon

Re: trying to find dies - 01/30/13 11:42 PM

Definitely interested in your results. Thanks for the help guys. My boss is actually giving me a set of hornady dies that he has laying around! Now I just need to find bulletts.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: trying to find dies - 01/30/13 11:44 PM

Pretty sure I have an extra basic Lee set also. Be next week though.
Posted By: tth_40

Re: trying to find dies - 01/31/13 12:32 AM

I just unearthed an OLD RCBS FL 2 die set that I forgot I had. Going to clean it out and try it, haven't used it in years. Only set I have, interestingly enough. When things start getting back to normal I'll probably get the full set from Lee.

Still have to get a shell holder though. Can't find mine. realmad
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum