Texas Hunting Forum

Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade.

Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/04/17 06:17 AM

I won an auction on eBay tonight for a T/C model 7194 Hawken/Renegade tang peep sight for a reasonable price. The guy didn't have it listed under any key words like peep sight or hawken or renegade sight so there wasn't too many people bidding on it which was great for me. I had one on my Renegade .54 cal that I owned 20 years ago and since then T/C is no longer making them and people who are selling them is getting scarce. I have seen them sell for as much as $300.00 on eBay with no reserve and people just keep driving the price up while trying to out bid each other for them. Ever since the T/C company burned to the ground and Smith & Wesson bought them, they have stopped production on a lot of stuff and even things that were selling well for T/C. So I broke down and bought one for 3 times as much as they used to sell for when they made them. It is still a great price compared to what others are paying for them these days. I am going to take it with me to my teachers shop and make a couple more of them during the gunsmithing CNC machining course that I am taking from him soon. There are other peep sights available but they either mount near the rear sight or are a big block of steel that you have to cut the side of the stock to fit it to the rifle. This T/C peep sight is nice and small and mounts right on the rear tang so it's like looking through a scope. I will post some pics when I get it in the mail.

Posted By: whistler

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/07/17 02:30 AM

they are not that hard to find

www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_129_651_653&products_id=7517

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/07/17 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: whistler

Oh yes they are lol. You probably found the only store to have them in stock. They must have had a stash somewhere because they stopped making them years ago and every company has said that they hardly get one in used with a rifle. Now I have been just seeing them on Fleabay going for an outrageous price at the end of the auction. It says this when you add it to the cart so I am wondering if they even have them or have only a couple in stock. Products marked with *** dont exist in desired quantity in our stock.
You can buy them anyway and check the quantity we have in stock for immediate delivery in the checkout process.

That is a great find if they do because there are a lot of people looking for them. Thanks for posting the link to it. I will pass it along once I call them monday to see if they do got them. I went through 4 pages on bing and google trying to find one for sale or in stock and some posts were over 3 years old lol.

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/07/17 03:23 AM

Also got lucky and T/C is sending me an extra set of the screws for it because I want to mount it between the tang screws so I can get that perfect distance. I am also going to open the peep hole up more. The one that came with my last Renegade already had that modification done to it.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/09/17 09:49 PM

Dixie Gun Works is a muzzleloader's best friend.

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/10/17 01:30 AM

Yeah I looked there too and they didn't have them at the time. I called all the places and I usually have good luck for T/C stuff at Track Of The Wolf and if you call them then they might have it in back if it's not listed.
Posted By: NKBJ

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 01/18/17 03:36 PM

Found some new on the rack with dusty price tags in a little town in Kansas a few years ago.

Was over joyed!

Got one the the TC peeps on my .458 New Englander too.

The tang peep is really a blessing with older eyes.

Re: Got a T/C model 7194 Tang Peep Sight on eBay for my Renegade. - 04/25/17 06:19 AM

That's a great score! Nice looking rifle. I remember when you could get a BP rifle for cheap money and then inline muzzleloaders became popular and the prices went up again. You could buy a used in mint condition T/C at The Kittery Trading Post in Maine for $100.00 - $125.00 and now they are selling them for $400.00 and up. The kits also went up a lot at Cabela's. I wasn't physically able to get out last muzzleloader season but I will be out as much as I can this year.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum