Texas Hunting Forum

Fletching Type?

Posted By: Denogean3

Fletching Type? - 09/11/18 06:49 AM

Was looking around to refletch some arrows I have and saw a few other options besides the regular blazer fletchings. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck the Quifkfletch or the Nocturnal fletching. Both of these options seem like they would be easier to do then blazer vains. But will they fly just as good?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Fletching Type? - 09/11/18 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Denogean3
Was looking around to refletch some arrows I have and saw a few other options besides the regular blazer fletchings. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck the Quifkfletch or the Nocturnal fletching. Both of these options seem like they would be easier to do then blazer vains. But will they fly just as good?

Quickfletch and Nocternal fletching are quicker and easier than doing the normal style fletching like Blazers or other veins or feathers but not as tough for the quick fletch and both add weight to the back of the arrow reducing your FOC of the arrow.

I have a few arrows with 2 inch feathers RH helical and really like them. Will probably get more and fletch more arrows that way when able to get back to shooting or they might just sit in the closet if I switch completely to traditional archery like I am thinking about doing.

In reality Blazer veins are hard to beat
Posted By: Denogean3

Re: Fletching Type? - 09/12/18 07:29 AM

Thank you kmon1. I guess I'll just have to learn to fletch them myself because getting them refletched at the shop can get costly. I was hoping that either of those 2 would be a good alternative. It would make the job a lot easier. Guess easier isn't always better. Thanks again!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Fletching Type? - 09/12/18 08:16 PM

Last time I was in the Allen Cabela's they said they have started fletching arrows and use a bitzenberg jig and I know one at least there knows how nd does a good job on arows
Posted By: BarneyWho

Re: Fletching Type? - 09/13/18 08:39 PM

I went from Blazer to the Quickfletch and have been very satisfied with the results. I was doing a wrap around the arrows with the Blazers on top as well.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Fletching Type? - 09/13/18 09:26 PM

I have quikfletched a few arrows and couldn't tell a difference in flight.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum