Texas Hunting Forum

Compound bow maintenance question...

Posted By: TexasATC

Compound bow maintenance question... - 07/10/18 11:47 PM

I have a 2014 Bear Attitude that I’ve hunted with the last three seasons. I typically shoot 75-100 times before the season and hunt a couple weekends of bow season. Over the last three seasons I’ve shot a spike and missed a couple of turkeys. I store it inside the house in a hard case when not in use. To my untrained eye the string appears to be in great shape. Is there any maintenance that you would recommend I have done before this season? New string? Wax? Etc. Thanks.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Compound bow maintenance question... - 07/11/18 01:46 AM

Keep the string waxed well check that the bow is still in time and the strings are not worn. That little use you are probably ok but would not hurt to have it checked out.

Re: Compound bow maintenance question... - 07/11/18 03:21 PM

Okay sounds good, thanks. I guess taking it to a local pro shop and have them look it over would be a good idea?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Compound bow maintenance question... - 07/11/18 03:27 PM

Never hurts to have it checked out. If I remember correctly you have a shop in Abilene.
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: Compound bow maintenance question... - 07/11/18 03:42 PM

I just got my bow re-strung at B&B here in Abilene and picked it up yesterday. They have my recommendation. I was flinging arrows at 70 yards last night; going to see if I can walk it out to 100 tonight.

B & B Guns, Ammo, and Archery

Re: Compound bow maintenance question... - 07/11/18 03:47 PM

I had B&B in mind, what did they charge you for the string? What was your turnaround time?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum