Texas Hunting Forum

Best lock on tree stand

Posted By: duck_slayer89

Best lock on tree stand - 06/13/18 03:09 AM

I’ve for the first time in my life found A rub line in A stand of timber on my lease.I’ve been using cheap lock on stands and I get uncomfortable quick but it’s never been A big deal. I now have A reason to spend the money on A stand I can sit all day if need be. So what do y’all recommend. I’m 240 lbs so what’s comfortable for A triathlete with A size 32 waist may not work for me. I can leave the stand set up all year so i don’t have to worry about setting up every hunt or anything like that.
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Best lock on tree stand - 06/13/18 03:26 PM

Something with a sling style seat (no expanded metal, bars) makes a big difference for me sitting still and all day.
Don't leave it up all year. I would take it down after season, maintenance on bolts, ratchet straps and store until time to back out for the next season.
Posted By: Deersteaks

Re: Best lock on tree stand - 06/16/18 11:42 AM

I would agree with above statement. I always looked for an extra wide model with the sling type seats. Also, a padded back rest and arm rest will make your sit more comfortable!
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Best lock on tree stand - 06/16/18 02:07 PM

Take a look at the Summit Ledge stand. They are a simple well made stands with plenty of room and a 300 lbs.weight capacity. The metal frame and platform is powder coated which helps to inhibit rust. The grated platform provides a great non slip surface which is a great benefit when you have frost, snow or other wet condition.
Seasonal maintenance as Always Ready stated is important with any stand you choose.
Posted By: Bobby Frey

Re: Best lock on tree stand - 06/17/18 05:46 AM

I bought an inexpensive ladder stand with expanded metal seat. I added a boat swivel seat to the top of it with 4 bolts and washers. It’s more comfortable than the sling and will last a lot longer since it’s made to withstand the water!
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Best lock on tree stand - 06/17/18 08:24 PM

I'm a fan of millenium stands and their seats if you are going to be in for an all day sit.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum