Texas Hunting Forum

I finally upgraded my rest and sight.

Posted By: bowbuilder1971

I finally upgraded my rest and sight. - 11/19/17 06:34 PM

I was using the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone drop away rest and the HHA OL-XL TX-5500 single pin sight but I needed to finally upgrade my gear. I was having problems with my new arrows and sight to where the housing bracket mount wouldn't go high or low enough to give me a 20 without being able to get me past 45 and reverse. The old HHA single pin sights had screw holes instead of a sliding bracket and I needed to be able to mount it in between the two. They also stopped making the arrows that I used to use with my Mathews LX. Go figure lol. I sold the bow back in 2002 and found my exact bow up for sale last year online so I bought it back lol. It's seriously a small world and that bow is the only thing I have ever regretted getting rid of in my life. So last Friday I went to my local archery shop and looked at a bunch of sights. I ended up going with the Axcel Armortech Vison .019 fiber optic 5-pin sight and bought the Spot Hogg sight light for it. Then I went back yesterday and checked out the drop away rests. I ended up going with the QAD HDX Ultrarest drop away rest in black. So far I am really impressed with both of them and heading back out to the archery club with them today. Between the two and a dozen Beman ICS Hunter 400's, I spent a good chunk of change this weekend but it was worth it. Heading back to the archery club now. Hope everybody got out to hunt this weekend!

Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: I finally upgraded my rest and sight. - 11/19/17 07:41 PM

Beautiful set up
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: I finally upgraded my rest and sight. - 11/21/17 02:24 AM

Thanks. I went to the archery club yesterday and I was really impressed with the new sight and rest. The guy who set it all up at my local archery shop where I purchased them, did an awesome job because my arrow flight was perfect and everything stayed locked in place. I always bare shaft paper tune my bows but I definitely don’t need to with this set up. I just ordered some more 100gr NAP Spitfire mechanical broadheads and two packs of the replacement blades and tension clips for them. I shot 100gr Spitfire’s with this bow back in the day and I made an awesome shot on a quartering Doe at 44yds from my climbing tree stand 20ft off the ground. So I really trust them for mechanical broadheads and get excellent flight from them. Darn things really fly just like a field point!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum