Texas Hunting Forum

First bow, any must-have accessories?

Posted By: KyleW

First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/16/17 04:15 AM

Was at Cabelas today just browsing and ran across a brand new Bear Authority marked way down to $125. I went ahead and got it, I couldn’t pass it up. Anyway, it will be a while before I hunt with it but curious if there are any must-have accessories that y’all would recommend. Let me know!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/16/17 04:52 AM

Arrows, tips, release, string wax and the bow setup to fit you.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/16/17 05:04 AM

There are some great deals on bows at Cabela's now. Bear Escape is one $899.99 bow for something like 369.88. Over 500 off on a new top end bear.
Posted By: varnoldi13

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/16/17 02:27 PM

good release and led nock for when you do start to hunt .
Posted By: Rwbrew3

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/16/17 09:49 PM

Wrist strap would be the first thing if there is not one on it, as stated above, set up to fit you !
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/16/17 11:50 PM

Archery lessons from a pro shop
Posted By: Spooks

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/18/17 08:20 PM

At that price you got a great buy. I would advise going to a true archery shop and get it set up for yourself.
Posted By: bowbuilder1971

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/19/17 05:21 PM

A drop away rest, peep sight, kisser button to help with your form, AN ARROW PULLER, some monkey tail string silencers, a good sight with a bubble level on it, a stabilizer, wrist strap (as mentioned above), some limb savers to help with the vibration and a 6 arrow hip quiver. Or a quiver that attaches to the side of the bow. I prefer the hip quiver and back quiver to hold my arrows because it took weight off the bow when doing 3D tournaments. I got in to making and using back quivers when I got in to using a recurve while spot and stalk deer hunting. It's all about what works for you. I like the drop away rests because it makes it a lot easier to get better groups. Definitely go to your local archery shop to get set up right. But for a target, Bass Pro has a Blackout 18" and 22" target for $49.99 and it has a $10.00 cash mail-in rebate. Archery equipment has really gone up in price over the last 10 years but the quality has also gotten so much better. Hope this helps you out and congrats on your first bow!
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: First bow, any must-have accessories? - 11/19/17 05:45 PM

Have the shop serve in a peep sight on your bow string and adjust for your draw. You will figure out the rest after you start shooting.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum