Texas Hunting Forum

Hang on tree stand?

Posted By: B Razorback

Hang on tree stand? - 10/10/17 05:53 PM

Been trying to find one for awhile but everything is so expensive. Amazon has a Hawk Combat hang-on tree stand on sale for $90. It seems like a durable tree stand but I thought I'd ask y'all first. I hunt public land east of Fayetteville, Arkansas and I'm tired of sitting on the ground so I had to look for a tree stand. Any help/recommendations help! Thanks
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/11/17 01:06 AM

Just remember, you get what you pay for. I like the Muddy Outfitter. Lone Wolf makes a light weight portable stand.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/11/17 01:55 AM

I look for a stand with enough seat I have a little wiggle room on, not one my skinny back side more than covers. If you are uncomfortable then you will fidget and move more meaning more chance of being busted.

I also want one that can be adjusted to fit my legs for seat height.

Comfort goes a long way in being able to sit there for hours. I prefer climbing stands if there are trees available to use them in because ones from Ol`man and Summit can be very comfortable and with a climber you set the leg height exactly where you want it.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/13/17 06:22 PM

I strongly suggest you get one that has the "sling" style seat. The solid style seats I found to be VERY uncomfortable.Doesn't matter how much padding/foam I added my butt still got sore after a short while. I do all day sits so a comfortable seat is a must.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/14/17 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Not always.
I bought a Rivers Edge aluminum lock on from Sportsmanguide a few years back for $60 bucks. Granted, it was a clearance sale item, but it's the best stand I ever sat in.
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/14/17 04:26 PM

I’ve had a bunch of hang on stands over the years. The best one to date is the Summit Legend. Big, sturdy, comfortable and easy to hang. Bought two from a Cabela’s when they were on sale for $69 each.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/15/17 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: sqiggy
Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Not always.
I bought a Rivers Edge aluminum lock on from Sportsmanguide a few years back for $60 bucks. Granted, it was a clearance sale item, but it's the best stand I ever sat in.

I disagree. I can promise it isn't nearly as comfortable as my $300 woodsie
Posted By: D'hanis

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/24/17 06:08 PM

Just remember, you get what you pay for. I like the Muddy Outfitter. Lone Wolf makes a light weight portable stand.

Good point here. I picked up a game winner hang on at Academy for real cheap and while it works... damn those long sits are uncomfortable
Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/26/17 07:08 PM

I've got a Summit Viper SD climbing stand for sale. Brand new never been in a tree. $200
Posted By: Unpredictable

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/30/17 01:02 AM

I picked up a Timberline hang on from Dicks. It was on sale for $64.99. I usually use my Summit climbing stand but got this for areas where I can't use my climber. Haven't hunted out of it yet but did set it up at ground level. It seem to be a pretty decent stand. The platform and seat is adjustable which is a feature that I like.
Posted By: SwampyMarsh

Re: Hang on tree stand? - 10/30/17 08:54 PM

Amazon has the guide gear hang on stand for $32 includes shipping. Must be decent because it has 4 star reviews with over 100 reviews. I bought a couple and won't be butt hurt if they get stolen at that price
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum