Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a new bow!

Posted By: TexasBuckeye7

Looking for a new bow! - 10/10/17 05:04 PM

Been out of bow hunting for a few years and looking to seriously get back into it.. wondering if anybody had a bow for sale or any advice on what to set up!
Thanks in advance.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 10/10/17 05:07 PM

Lots of choices out there. Price range and expectations might help direct one way or another. 300 to 2000 and a lot in between
Posted By: TexasBuckeye7

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 10/10/17 05:13 PM

Trying to keep her between 900-1200 set up!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 10/10/17 05:30 PM

That puts a lot of bows into play. Best thing to do is go by a bow shop or two, pick out some you like and shoot them. Let the bow tell you which one is right.
Posted By: Texasbdog

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 10/11/17 11:29 AM

I just bought a Mathews Halon 32 6. I had to change the grip but it shoots great and draws very smooth. You could get set up for $1200 if you can find a deal or buy a used one.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 10/11/17 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
That puts a lot of bows into play. Best thing to do is go by a bow shop or two, pick out some you like and shoot them. Let the bow tell you which one is right.

This. Just did it. Took 2 hours and shot several I was considering "blind" (having guy just hand them to me without telling me which one it was). Really happy with my new setup.
Posted By: J. Klein

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 10/12/17 12:53 AM

If your near Dallas, go to cinnamon creek archery. I've gotten all of my archery stuff there. They're awesome. I would try to get a Hoyt, Mathews, or PSE
Posted By: Eddie Burns

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 01/09/18 10:07 PM

Bowtech! That's my two cents, luv my rpm 360!
Posted By: okbowhunter

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 01/26/18 04:14 PM

I don't have a bow recommendation because I haven't researched the new ones. But a good bow shop should take the time to let you shoot all of them and you can start weeding them out. But I'd do reading and research before going.
I think Field and Stream does some good shootoffs and reviews on the new bows.
Posted By: duckhunter175

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 01/26/18 10:25 PM

Definitely go and shoot a few and see what feels good. I tried em all (Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, Obsession, Xpedition) and I have kept going back to Hoyt.

Don't knock the used market either-- bows seem to get traded in on an annual basis these days. The bow that was $1300 new last year will sell for $700 this year. Ive had great luck two years in a row with 'new to me' bows that were flagship the previous year!!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 01/27/18 01:01 AM

I guess the question nobody's asked yet is, what's your old/current bow?
Posted By: AISsupply

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 02/11/18 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: J. Klein
If your near Dallas, go to cinnamon creek archery. I've gotten all of my archery stuff there. They're awesome. I would try to get a Hoyt, Mathews, or PSE

X2 on this, got my wifes matthews from them, really nice pro shop and she got to shoot multiple bows to find the best one for her
Posted By: pmspinnerb8

Re: Looking for a new bow! - 02/13/18 11:37 PM

Shoot a bunch of them. Get what is comfortable. There arew a lot of good packages out there that has everything on them and you can upgrade as you go. Spend some money on a good release.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum