Texas Hunting Forum

arrow left to right with increased yardage

Posted By: varnoldi13

arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/06/17 01:56 PM

I've noticed from 10/15 yards my arrow strikes to the left of target by 1-2" , 20 yards arrow is dead on and at 30 yards arrow is to the right of the target 2-3". Where would you start with tuning ?? arrow rest?

also from 10 to 20 yards using the same pin there is about a 2 1/2" difference . From most of the info I've gathered there should be little to no difference with these two yardages.
Posted By: bbqfan5909

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/06/17 02:12 PM

You need to paper tune your bow sir.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/06/17 03:05 PM

Paper tune, French Tune or walk back tune will all get you there. You will correct it with the rest but need to know which way. Make small corrections at a time.

Cam lean can also play a part in this but need a press and know how to do it. Take it to a shop for this to be corrected.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/06/17 07:42 PM

If you're in Watauga, take it to Cinnamon Creek Ranch and have it tuned. They'll get u dialed in to insure your arrow is traveling directly in line with your string path vs. left/right flight path and insure your arrow is leaving the rest on a level angle vs. up/downward path. They'll then align your sight to any L/R adjustments made to the rest. You should be very close with no more than a slight up/down adjustment to your sight, depending whether or not they had to make a nock/rest adjustment. I suspect it's a very minimal charge. May as well have them look at you with it at full draw and make sure you don't need any draw length / peep sight adjustments to boot.

Edit: Just called and full paper tune is $65

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/06/17 10:57 PM

I just left there. They did a quick arrow rest adjustment while I was there getting arrows. Every thing seems happy again !!

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/06/17 11:30 PM

Now mark the arrow rest with whiteout or light colored shrarpie so you can see if it moves again

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/07/17 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: varnoldi13
I just left there. They did a quick arrow rest adjustment while I was there getting arrows. Every thing seems happy again !!

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/07/17 12:49 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Now mark the arrow rest with whiteout or light colored shrarpie so you can see if it moves again

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: passthru

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/07/17 02:24 AM

CCR does good work.

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/07/17 10:51 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
CCR does good work.

Agreed , their my go to for work and supplies
Posted By: passthru

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/07/17 04:56 PM

Just wish they were better set up for traditional archers but I understand that is a small percentage of archers.

Re: arrow left to right with increased yardage - 10/07/17 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Just wish they were better set up for traditional archers but I understand that is a small percentage of archers.

Not many places I have found are setup for Traditional shooters. Lots of places sell a few bows but few have traditional shooters even working there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum