Texas Hunting Forum

Tree stand or Ground blind?

Posted By: Brandon82

Tree stand or Ground blind? - 09/05/17 02:57 AM

Early season are you going to be on the ground or in a Tree? I broke my collar bone a month ago, so until I heal I will be on the ground with my cross bow. Normally I would be in a tree with my compound.Its going to be warm in the blind early season. Where will you be?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Tree stand or Ground blind? - 09/05/17 10:20 AM

In a popup blind!
I've hunted on the ground for several seasons now, and the key is to scout the area ahead of time to plan the placement of the blind.
You do the same with a treestand, but you are a little bit more restricted with your shooting lanes in a ground blind.
Unlike using a treestand, you can't see a deer coming from far away so placement is critical, and keeping the wind direction in mind is also.
Early morning hunts are bearable when the weather is hot, but evenings can be really bad if you aren't at least set up in the shade.
I do miss the 360 degree freedom from hunting from a tree stand, which I can no longer do due to physical reasons, but a ground blind you can't beat for comfort, and being able to move and stretch is wonderful, so they both have their pro's and con's.
Posted By: s1rGr1nG0

Re: Tree stand or Ground blind? - 09/07/17 03:34 AM

I just put my first tree stand up this past weekend. Never hunted one before and it's been years since I hunted regularly anyway so I'm pretty excited to get back out in the woods.
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Tree stand or Ground blind? - 09/07/17 01:16 PM

I have both and I will hunt whichever one accordingly to the wind. The ground blind is nestled up in a layed over bois darc tree on a creek bend, right at 30 yards from the feeder. My hang on is 25 yards from the feeder over looking the bedding area and 300+ acres of soybeans! I'm fired up!!!
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Tree stand or Ground blind? - 09/07/17 01:17 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum