Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 11:32 AM

Any idea what it cost?
Posted By: DryFire

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 11:41 AM

Interesting concept
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 12:37 PM

Wonder about the cost and weight. The more weight you put at the back of the arrow the less FOC you have unless raising broadhead weight as well.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ChrisB
Any idea what it cost?

No clue. My BIL and I were talking about this last weekend and he sent it to me. I don't think they are far enough along to have a price set yet.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Wonder about the cost and weight. The more weight you put at the back of the arrow the less FOC you have unless raising broadhead weight as well.

The weight is insignificant with this technology. Cost is the question of the day. But since it's not new technology I would guess it to be affordable.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by txshntr
Would you use it? Do you see a value?

Yes and yes.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 09:20 PM

Looks better than the Bow Bug. I can see some benefit to using it.

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/18/17 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Curtis

Now I have to google...

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/19/17 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

Now I have to google...

Post the results of your google

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/19/17 12:55 AM

Now I have to google...

Doesn't sound like it lasted long. There are reviews on a few websites

https://www.amazon.ca/BOWBUG-RF-GAME-REC...v_1500425661042

Quote:
Description
The Bowbug is a Radio Frequency Game Recovery System designed to aid the bowhunter in the recovery of wounded game. When the transmitter is shot the Bowbug transmitter sends out a pulsating signal every second that can be picked up through the Bowbug directional antenna. Once the signal is heard simply sweep the antenna in a 360 degree sweep and follow the strongest signal. The only alteration to the bow is to lengthen the arrow depending on the rest style. Only adds 30 grains to the arrow, attaches behind the broadhead and it will work with any type broadhead. Bowbug is affected by the type of terrain or if the animal is laying on top of the transmitter, average range 100 to 150 yards.
UNIT OF MEASURE: EA

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/19/17 03:57 AM

Now I have to google...

Quote:
Description
The Bowbug is a Radio Frequency Game Recovery System designed to aid the bowhunter in the recovery of wounded game. When the transmitter is shot the Bowbug transmitter sends out a pulsating signal every second that can be picked up through the Bowbug directional antenna. Once the signal is heard simply sweep the antenna in a 360 degree sweep and follow the strongest signal. The only alteration to the bow is to lengthen the arrow depending on the rest style. Only adds 30 grains to the arrow, attaches behind the broadhead and it will work with any type broadhead. Bowbug is affected by the type of terrain or if the animal is laying on top of the transmitter, average range 100 to 150 yards.

Neither of these will help find a deer if it is a pass through shot but could help locate the arrow
Posted By: passthru

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/19/17 07:06 PM

I know a guy who still uses a string tracker when shooting pigs with his trad bows.

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/19/17 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I know a guy who still uses a string tracker when shooting pigs with his trad bows.

I haven't seen anyone use one of those in a few years. We had a guy that used it on deer, but I wasn't a fan of it.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Arrow tracker - Product - 07/21/17 12:08 PM

[quote=Curtis]Looks better than the Bow Bug. I can see some benefit to using it.

Now I have to google...

Quote:
Description

Neither of these will help find a deer if it is a pass through shot but could help locate the arrow [/quote]

The bow bug actually did work. I bought one of their kits years ago. The device separates from the arrow and attaches to the deer. It doesn't stay on the arrow. It was a pain to tune for your bow and I couldn't get customers to use it for our exotics so it became useless to me. But I shot dozens of hogs with the device myself and it worked well enough to stick into the hogs hide.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum