Texas Hunting Forum

THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER

Posted By: LBG Safaris

THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 04/24/17 02:14 PM

Hi Guys

Myself and Jeff Graves have been talking about a group bow hunt for members or buddies.
As some of you might know, Africa offers a whole lot of different options but usually these options are regulated and put in place by the outfitter.
Now to take things to a new level; we would like to know from YOU what you would prefer to see, do and experience.

Example.
Blinds; Ground blind? Elevated? or Tree Stand?
Trophy hunt? or Cull hunt? Combination?
Blind hunting? or Walk and Stalk?

Basically we would like your input to improve the experience and the quality of the adventure.

Any input and suggestions will be appreciated.

Once we have some points nailed down I will work on a discounted group bow-hunting package.
Posted By: NUNEZ

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 04/29/17 01:04 AM

This may be a stretch and I could be totally out of line, but Im sure alot of the hunters on here will probably never afford a hunt to Africa.

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 04/30/17 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: NUNEZ
This may be a stretch and I could be totally out of line, but Im sure alot of the hunters on here will probably never afford a hunt to Africa.

Could be true, but have you ever done the research of how affordable Africa actually is?
Posted By: bphillips

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 04/30/17 11:25 PM

It can be made pretty affordable actually depending on the hunters wants

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/01/17 08:43 AM

A quick search showed me that a 3 day 2 Night Elk hunt cost anything from $9500.00 to $35000.00

With $9500.00 you can stay 7 days and hunt at least 6 to 7 trophy animals in Africa
You can also do a 7 day 12 animals cull hunt (for the African experience) for as little as $4345.00

It all boils down to, what you want to hunt. Currently I offer over 70 hunt able species in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Mozambique and Zambia combined, this just shows you the variety that's available.

a Trip to Africa does not have to be expensive,
choose your area/country wise.
choose your desired animals wise.
Most important, choose an outfitter that is willing to work around your budget and help where possible.
Posted By: passthru

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/01/17 10:16 PM

Actually the hunts are pretty affordable. It's the air fare and getting your trophies home and mounted that will kill your bank account.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/02/17 12:13 PM

I would rather be in a ground blind. A buddy of mine hunted with a bow over there and he was in a tree on a platform over a water hole and some baboons came in and they were throwing a fit. Jumping up his tree and everything. He said if they got any higher they would be in his lap. He said he has never been so scared in his life. He said if you shot one they would drag it off and come right back.

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/02/17 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Aggieman775
I would rather be in a ground blind. A buddy of mine hunted with a bow over there and he was in a tree on a platform over a water hole and some baboons came in and they were throwing a fit. Jumping up his tree and everything. He said if they got any higher they would be in his lap. He said he has never been so scared in his life. He said if you shot one they would drag it off and come right back.

Yup, baboons can make a noise and throw a fit but i doubt they will be around for long. I personally prefer guys shooting from the ground rather than from an elevated position. Thanks for the comment.
Posted By: passthru

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/08/17 03:25 AM

Hides where I can shoot a recurve and have them close. Say 20 yards and closer.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/12/17 12:55 AM

I have only been to Africa 3 times, far as the blinds, ground blinds or elevated, hate pop ups. MOVE ME to a different blind when the wind is wrong. I like to shoot Trophy animals ,but cull animals are fun too. 3 trips and have yet to get a shot at a Trophy Eland bull. How big is your concession in Namibia ? Forrest

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 05/26/17 10:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Drahthaar
I have only been to Africa 3 times, far as the blinds, ground blinds or elevated, hate pop ups. MOVE ME to a different blind when the wind is wrong. I like to shoot Trophy animals ,but cull animals are fun too. 3 trips and have yet to get a shot at a Trophy Eland bull. How big is your concession in Namibia ? Forrest

PM sent
Posted By: cmc

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 06/07/17 07:52 PM

Ground or pit blinds are my favorite because I feel closer to the aninal. I love shooting arrows period, I don't care at what. Sure trophies are cool but seeing an arrow in flight and smacking the side of kudu cow would be just as cool. I shoot squirrels rabbits, birds, snakes, anything that comes by when I bow hunt. It would be cool to be able to shoot some guineas for supper or monkeys or whatever.
Posted By: Alfonso Smith

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 07/02/17 09:24 AM

Hides where I can shoot a recurve and have them close
Posted By: Willow Creek

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 07/31/17 09:37 PM

I would say ground blind it just seems more challenging when you are eye to eye with them. I would also go with a cull hunt, more members might could tag along.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 08/06/17 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: LBG Safaris

Could be true, but have you ever done the research of how affordable Africa actually is?

its very affordable to go hunt. airfare and trophy prep is the kicker

I have mixed feelings Africa isn't something I'm dying to go do
Posted By: Bownhead

Re: THF members group bow hunt-WHAT DO YOU PREFER - 08/18/17 05:31 AM

Look at the LSBA HUNT in March at brushy hills it's a blast. Hog/ turkeys and lots of em.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum