Texas Hunting Forum

Stacking arrows

Posted By: rickym

Stacking arrows - 01/20/17 09:37 PM

Have any of you had a problem with splitting your arrow shafts when you start stacking your shots on top of each other? I did this a few times today and kept wondering if I was gonna crack or split one. Im sure it happens, just wondering how regular
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/20/17 10:07 PM

Not a regular thing. I know guys that have bow hunted for 25 years and have never done it but at the same time I got a friend that has done it 3 times in the last couple of years. It's called a "Robin Hood" and you should be proud of yourself lol
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/20/17 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Have any of you had a problem with splitting your arrow shafts when you start stacking your shots on top of each other? I did this a few times today and kept wondering if I was gonna crack or split one. Im sure it happens, just wondering how regular

Good shooting Mr. Hood

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/20/17 11:21 PM

It was only 20 yards so no big feat.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/20/17 11:27 PM

bs

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/20/17 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
bs

I didnt split any, just kept stacking two on top of each other and was wondering how often they split

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/21/17 01:44 AM

sorry, I couldn't resist.. What set up are you shooting? I'll have to admit I'm not a very good bow shot but I would like to get better,
Posted By: GLC

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/21/17 02:20 AM

Never split a shaft because I still shoot aluminum shafts and but have done it 3 times. Stopped after that, just started shooting at alternating areas on block. Boosts your confidence but expense wise doesn't make any sense.
Posted By: MacDaddy21

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/21/17 02:33 AM

I've ruined quite a few arrows stacking shots. I usually don't shoot groups anymore for that reason.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/21/17 04:15 AM

I've done it a few times. Hate it. Usually ruins both arrows. The first time or two were pretty cool though.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/21/17 05:46 AM

Absolutely, becomes expensive if you shoot gold tips. I've Robin hooded a few times just to see if I could do it. I now only shoot 2 arrows at a time, still bust nocks and rip vanes but easy to fix.

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/22/17 01:01 AM

ya'll are bad azz. move back from 10 yards it will help

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/23/17 04:21 PM

sorry, I couldn't resist.. What set up are you shooting? I'll have to admit I'm not a very good bow shot but I would like to get better,

Im shooting an old Bear element that was given to me. The draw length is 2" to short for me until I buy the module and have it restrung.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/23/17 05:36 PM

I'll lose a nock or start stacking them pretty tight @ 20 yds and arrows are too costly for that nonsense. I'll only shoot a dozen or more arrows before season unless I change my bow set-up or switch arrows as I did last year.

I did have a carbon arrow robin hood without completely blowing out the other arrow (stuck together was pretty neat looking so just kept it)

Practice arrows with lighted nocks are for sure out of the question up
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/23/17 06:39 PM

I usually just use one arrow at a time. Retrieve it after every shot. Gives me some rest between shots too.

JR
Posted By: Bobcat4119

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/24/17 03:33 PM

How many of you Robin Hoods are doing it with broadheads?
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/24/17 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym

I only shot spots...under 40. Mine was more from knocks breaking then splitting. When shooting broadheads shot spots at all distances.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/24/17 03:56 PM

There are different dots on most targets shoot at a different dot with each arrow.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/24/17 06:06 PM

Even if you do not split them when stacking them, you still mess up the vanes with broad heads. Like kmon1 said, shoot at different areas.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/25/17 04:35 AM

Get a bigger target and shoot spots. Sometime I just stick a small piece of paper outside of the target circles and shoot at it. Those small circle shoot-n-c patches work pretty good and are easy to see.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Stacking arrows - 01/25/17 04:25 PM

ya'll are bad azz. move back from 10 yards it will help

My furthest was 3+ times that. But the rest were at 20.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum