Texas Hunting Forum

arrow weight

Posted By: TackDriver

arrow weight - 10/19/16 03:23 AM

I shoot a PSE Nitro and reduced the draw weight to 60 lbs and I have three different types of arrows, Beman 400, RedHead 350 and Carbon Express 6075. The Bemans are about 40 grains lighter and total weight is around 325 grains compared to 360 to 375 for the RedHeads / Carbon Express with 100 grain broadheads. I just bought some Rage Hypodermic 100 grain broadheads for hunting some hogs this weekend. Would you increase your arrow weight for more KE or will it shoot like a rainbow due to weight? Would you shoot lighter arrows or the heavier ones? I am not so knowledgeable in bow hunting, picked up the hobby again after 18 years due to blurry vision out of my right eye, thanks to the verifier in my peep. I hear some hunters put some extra weight inside their arrows and how do you make your arrows heavier?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: arrow weight - 10/19/16 03:31 AM

Shoot the arrows you are sighted in with.

There are weigh tubes available used mostly by traditional archers but know a few that use them in compounds. Check 3riversarchery.com and search for weight tube.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: arrow weight - 10/19/16 02:28 PM

In my opinion accuracy is more important than weight.
If the arrow flies and hits where you are aiming then you are good to go.
If you have heavy arrows that hit where you want them then that's even better.
Posted By: Drahthaar

Re: arrow weight - 10/22/16 12:09 AM

I would go with a lot more heavy arrow for hogs and deer. you want momentum, hogs are tuff and deer shoulder bones are tuff. I shoot 20/20/Easton aluminum ,175 grain VPA solid COC broadhead, total weight 615grains Forrest
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum