Texas Hunting Forum

It's go time!!

Posted By: CRAnderson52

It's go time!! - 10/01/16 10:26 AM

Good luck this weekend Ladies and Gents! Nice cool morning here in Coleman, no wind and not a ton of moon! Hope to see some pics pretty quick this morning. I've got my eyes on a big fat doe or some pigs this morning! Man we're blessed to get to do this stuff...

Good luck, have fun and be safe!!
Shoot straight!!
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 11:32 AM

up
Posted By: txshntr

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 12:14 PM

Good luck everyone

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 01:02 PM

Had several deer in the pen before light that bolted when the feeder went off... hoping they come back!!
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 01:39 PM

Had better action at 8:00 than at daylight
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 04:49 PM

Had one boar hog and a doe and fawn come in to my feed I scattered on the ground at 12 yards. About 7:40 a nice fat spike came in and I was tempted. My hunting partner saw a few more deer than I did including a spike and young eight, and he took the spike.
Nice morning just to be out in the woods.
Posted By: JH117

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 06:06 PM

You guys are lucky! I'm sittin here at work reading these posts and being totally jealous! I'm off the next 3 days though and hopefully I can bag one.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: JH117
You guys are lucky! I'm sittin here at work reading these posts and being totally jealous! I'm off the next 3 days though and hopefully I can bag one.

I won't make it out until at least Friday...
Posted By: passthru

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 07:35 PM

Fairly active sit for me. Two four year olds. One a 9, the other a 10 and then seven other various young bucks. Little 6 didn't leave until after 9:30. Trail cams showing no mature bucks at that feeder. The batteries in the other camera were dead. May sit the other spot tonight as it has no pen and often has a visitation of swine.

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 08:30 PM

Not bad. I had a huge group of hogs in the hay field next to me, squealing and making all sorts of noise but they would not come out to me. They (I think it was the same group) then made there way to another guys rand and he was able to pop 3 of the 17.
Posted By: SowHntr

Re: It's go time!! - 10/01/16 10:27 PM

Good luck guys keep us updated.

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 02:15 AM

Saw about ten bucks and maybe a half dozen does and what seemed to be 50 or 60 hogs. It was unreal in the number of hogs.
Most of the bucks were young ones but one was a big one. Didn't get a good look because they were tearing up the acorns under the oaks. Only a few of the small bucks and does ate under the oaks and decided they had their fill of steak and wanted a little yellow candy.
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 02:28 AM

Saw about 7 deer, a babcat, and a herd of hogs, but none in range in the Sam Houston National Forest. Hope to tag one next time
Posted By: TexasATC

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 03:13 AM

I got it done this evening for my first deer with a bow, a young forked antler on one side,and unbranched on the other. He was on the hit list and he showed up this morning but spooked before I could get a shot. Him and his buddy hit the feeder tonight around 6:30 and as soon as he presented a shot, I took it. First time sending an arrow at a live animal. Hit him in the heart at 17 yards. All my practice this off season paid off huge. I think I'm hooked. Can't wait to get back out.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 03:37 AM

Congrats TexasATC, but you know talking about a kill is
worthless

Just kidding man. cheers

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
worthless

Just kidding man. cheers

You're right....here ya go...

Posted By: kmon11

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 04:15 AM

Good shot placement up

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 04:16 AM

Good shot placement up

Thanks!
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TexasATC

Good shot placement up

Thanks!

cheers
Posted By: JH117

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 01:41 PM

Walked out to my stand this morning and spooked 3 doe! Only thing I saw was their shadows and then white tails scattering. They started blowing and since then I haven't seen a thing. I'm still sittin and hoping!
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 02:36 PM

Walked out this morning and scared the birds, ha ha.

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasATC
worthless

Just kidding man. cheers

You're right....here ya go...

That first kill with the bow is always the hardest. It took me a couple of seasons to finally get mine, but now that you've gotten your first the next one's are going to come just a tad easier.

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 07:22 PM

I hope so! I hunted last season and never got the chance to draw. It sure feels good to have a tag punched in early October!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: It's go time!! - 10/02/16 09:47 PM

Hunted just evening Saturday, had some deer showing in the tree line to the north, but then a couple of trucks came driving around said treeline around sunset. I think they were out there most of the afternoon, as the deer just didn't show like normal. Had three doe come close but not in bow range. They spooked off when said trucks pulled out and drove away from their property. Could be a long season if this is going to be born. Haven't seen anyone all summer and opening day deer season it seemed like it was a zoo out there. Road construction, trucks driving around, dove shooters across the street. Oh well, that's why it's hunting and not shooting.

Going to hit it next weekend as well. If the folks are out driving the tree line at sunset again I just might think about hunter Harris's meant, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt since this is the first time and I am pretty sure they were there long before I showed up. I really don't want to deal with crazy neighbors.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum