Texas Hunting Forum

Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around

Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/15/16 08:09 PM

Whenever I am in the stand and its dark with deer all around and I need to climb down out of a tree or tripod, I will do the following: I cup my hands together around my mouth, face a different direction where the deer are and I "snort" (blow) like a deer giving off an alarm. I will snort about 5 quick burst and that will get the deer to run off fast. Then I get down out of the tree quickly and leave. This seems to not frighten them too badly. Does anyone else have their own method to frighten off deer so you can leave quickly instead of sitting in the dark for an hour?
Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/15/16 09:47 PM

I bark like a dog. Gets rid of them very fast and does not seem to spook them from coming back the next day or two.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/15/16 11:49 PM

I fart and light my cigarette.
Posted By: cowboybam58

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/16/16 02:18 AM

Throw my beer cans at em. stir
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/16/16 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: cowboybam58
Throw my beer cans at em. stir

This
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/16/16 03:04 AM

Crushing a beer can works, or so I've been told.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/16/16 11:28 AM

I keep a predator call in my pocket and use it to run the deer off when I need to leave. If that does not work then I just sit there till the last deer has left. Nothing worse than deer patterning you in your blind.
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/16/16 09:55 PM

I also will blow like a doe a few times and the deer will normally trot off really not knowing why other than a doe blowing. It has always worked for me and deer were back at same stand the next hunt.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/17/16 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I keep a predator call in my pocket and use it to run the deer off when I need to leave. If that does not work then I just sit there till the last deer has left. Nothing worse than deer patterning you in your blind.

This.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/18/16 01:03 PM

Yap like a coyote.
Posted By: MoTex

Re: Getting out of your stand in the evening with deer around - 09/24/16 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Yap like a coyote.

This,^
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum