Texas Hunting Forum

New cables and strings

Posted By: BowsnRods

New cables and strings - 08/31/16 03:14 AM

I looked at my son's bow over the weekend and saw that his string looked pretty rough, I then pulled mine from the case and saw a little wear around the serving that I had repaired last year with some dental floss. I went into our local archery shop (Leading Edge Archery) in Boerne and found that they have a new young man working there and his specialty is making new cable and stings for bows. No having to order and wait. Custom all the way with a wide choice of colors. *Please check your cable and strings soon, season is a month away! The owner said the recommendation if you shoot a lot is every year and like me not so much every two years.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: New cables and strings - 08/31/16 11:45 PM

I'll be down there in two weeks may stop in. I need a new string/cable set up for my carbon Element
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: New cables and strings - 09/01/16 06:43 PM

was about to start a new post asking for a good bow shop in the area.. thanks for the info! Will stop by and see him very soon up

Re: New cables and strings - 09/01/16 07:25 PM

I chose zombie green for my cable and zombie green and black twist for my string.

Re: New cables and strings - 09/02/16 08:28 PM

I pick up my son's and my bow tomorrow, I will post pictures of the new cable and strings.
Posted By: safarigene

Re: New cables and strings - 09/03/16 01:06 AM

How much did he charge? Spoke to a shop today and they quoted me $150 which included install and tuning.

Re: New cables and strings - 09/03/16 02:00 AM

I am being charged $130.00 for each Bow which includes the installation and tuning. I also got to pick the colors of cable and string

Re: New cables and strings - 09/07/16 12:50 AM

Got both my bow and my son's bow back today after new cable and strings replaced on both. Leading Edge Archery in Boerne did an incredible job. Both bow's were done in custom colors. Thank you Scott!
Posted By: Wes70

Re: New cables and strings - 09/07/16 02:05 AM

He is making them right then and then putting them on your bow?

Re: New cables and strings - 09/07/16 03:33 AM

They make the cable and strings on Fridays and Saturdays. The process takes a little time, I was told that they apply 300 lbs. of weight to the string during a stretching process to assure strength prior to installing on the bow. I took 2 bows to them on Thursday and they were ready Monday. I also had custom color twist on my string and solid cable color. I shot my bow to day and am very satisfied.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum