Texas Hunting Forum

Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston?

Posted By: TX_Diver

Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/26/16 02:13 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to get my bow setup for an elk hunt in Wyoming this fall and am having trouble getting my broadheads to hit consistently. I'm not sure if it's me or just the broadheads but I'll go from a 4" group at 40 yards with field points to a 12-18" group with broadheads (G5 Striker).

I'd like to take a lesson or two and get some outside feedback on my form and anything that someone more experienced than myself can see that I'm doing wrong so I was hoping to combine the two into one outing.

Is there anywhere around that can help me out help me get these broadheads dialed in? I'm not opposed to using a different broadhead either if it makes a difference but I can't really afford to go buy a pack of each and see what works best right now as they're not exactly as cheap as the field points.

I'm in Matagorda County so ideally the south or west side of Houston would be better but I'll drive wherever if I need to.

Thanks!
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/26/16 04:36 PM

I wpuld suggest Santa Fe archery. Good guys there. Indoor range. Dont thibk they allow broadheads, but if you brought your own target they probably would.
Posted By: TX_Diver

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/26/16 09:22 PM

Been there once before but wasn't impressed. Maybe just a one off thing but the younger guys and gal who were there at the time weren't very interested in helping me or answering my questions and chatting a bit. Seemed like they wanted to take care of what I came in for (mounting a Peep site and getting it sighted in) and then get me out of there ASAP so they could go back to hanging out together.

They did a great job fixing up my bow at a good price but wasn't impressed with the attitudes or customer service though...

Maybe would be a different experience if I actually had a full on lesson though? Anyone in particular you'd recommend asking for there?
Posted By: Indyoshi

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/27/16 10:06 PM

I dont know anyone by name. Ive been there a few times and they were happy to help. They didnt give a lot of really technical insight or advice, so may not be exactly what you are looking for.
Posted By: WBYHunter

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/28/16 04:33 AM

My buddy could probably help you out, he does all the maintenance on my bow and could cure any form issues you've got. He lives in Conroe though, pretty far from you. Hopefully someone will chime in with a shop close to you. Good luck
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/28/16 08:34 PM

It's going to be a decent drive, but the Bow Zone in north Houston would be a good place for advice.

Ask for Richard
Posted By: bkj

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 07/29/16 01:15 PM

West Houston Archery off of I-10 close to Beltway 8 has always been top notch for me.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 08/01/16 10:17 PM

Triple edge archery in Dayton. Very knowledgeable guys over there and super helpful
Posted By: Nitronx898

Re: Anywhere to Get Help Tuning with Broadheads in Houston? - 08/07/16 08:15 AM

Now zone or west Houston archery. If you go to bowzone ask for Brian.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum