Texas Hunting Forum

Mathews Z7

Posted By: Texan Medic

Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 10:25 AM

I'm looking at trading one of my rifles for a Mathews Z7 or Z7 Extreme, from the guys that own one of these two bows, what are yalls opinions on them? I would like the good and the bad. Thank you in advance!
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 11:19 AM

I shoot a Z7 have no complaints, kinda wish I had gotten the extreme due to axle to axle, but that's just me. You need to shoot both for yourself and see which one you like, your the one shooting it we're not
Posted By: GLC

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 01:11 PM

I have the Z7 also, no reason to upgrade in my opinion.
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 01:47 PM

I've owned several z7s and z7X and both were good bows. As said above, I liked the x better because of axle to axle.

If there is a bow shop near you I would ask for the owner to meet there and have it inspected. Also, make sure the DL is correct because these are vam specific.
Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 01:52 PM

Somebody did a survey over at TBH and the Z7 EXT seem to be the best bow Matthews ever built. I just bought a used bare one. Haven't had the time to shop and buy a rest and sights for it yet, much less get it fitted for me, so I haven't shot it yet. Hopefully sometime soon.
Posted By: Rob G

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 10:52 PM

I have a Z7 Extreme, went from an older PSE to the Z7 EX it has been the best bow I have shot, it's light, fast and honestly with the monkey tails makes little to no noise. Best bow I have owned hands down.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/30/16 11:22 PM

I shot a Z7E for about a year and a half. Prolly had about 25 kills with it. Only thing I didn't like was I had to adjust my rest too close to the riser to get it to shoot bullet holes and fixed heads properly. But it was very accurate and fast. Cratered my shoulder and had to go down in weight after surgery or I may have kept it.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Mathews Z7 - 03/31/16 07:23 PM

Dad shoots Z7Extreme. Great bow. Accurate and fast and quiet. Does the job. He hasn't shot too much, only an elk cow and a WT doe.
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Mathews Z7 - 04/05/16 01:32 PM

My dad shoots a Z7 and loves it.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Mathews Z7 - 04/12/16 11:00 PM

I'm a little late to the party but I shoot a Z7x and love it. I'll probably not buy a new bow for years! I got mine when they came out and still love it
Posted By: LandAgent

Re: Mathews Z7 - 04/19/16 10:03 PM

I shoot a z7x and love it as well. Cant go wrong with any Mathews in my opinion, just comes down to personal liking. Theyre all very quiet and smooth shooting bows. It'll take alot for me to switch to a new bow company!
Posted By: millerliteliker

Re: Mathews Z7 - 04/22/16 09:17 PM

I have a Z7 and a Z7 Extreme. I bought the Z7 I guess about 6 years ago and the Extreme about two years later. I bought the Extreme just to have a 2nd bow when I went to Illinois for hunts - a couple of friends talked me into buying a 2nd bow in case something went wrong with my Z7.

Well, to make a long story short, I like the feel of the original Z7 better than the Extreme. Yes, it is longer axle to axle and heavier, but hunting in East Texas I generally hunt from tree stands. I can see how the Extreme might be better suited to confined space ground blinds, but I since I don't hunt in those types of conditions the extra length of the original Z7 does not bother me.

I have shot everything from Whitetail Deer, hogs, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, and even my first bow killed coyote this past season. It just doesn't miss so why change?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum