Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow question

Posted By: Deersteaks

Crossbow question - 12/31/15 01:21 PM

I have a Barnett Brotherhood crossbow coming in today or tomorrow, and was wondering if the head hunter bolts that comes with it should just be thrown away, or if they are actually good enough to hunt with. Also, which bolts should I consider as replacements. I'll be hunting deer and hogs if that helps. Thanks
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Crossbow question - 12/31/15 02:17 PM

Steaks, don't think they'd come with them if they didn't think you could hunt effectively with them. I've shot them out of my Barnett Penetrator and Hellcat x-bows and they shoot fine. Think they are weight calibrated to what shoots properly weightwise from the bow. Give them a tryout and see what the results are.
Posted By: Deersteaks

Re: Crossbow question - 12/31/15 04:29 PM

I appreciate DQ. I had read a few reports that they had been know to shatter when shot, but was looking experienced opinions. I'll try them out, hopefully with success.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Crossbow question - 01/01/16 04:16 AM

If they shatter when shot I would suspect they had been shot before and hit something they should not have or flexed too much when removing from a target and were not checked by the shooter before shooting again. Check your carbon arrows and bolts, flex them close to your ear in a quite environment and if hear any cracking throw the bolt away. Run your finger or cloth along the bolt and if something sticks you discard it.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Crossbow question - 01/02/16 02:55 AM

I'd shoot them and see what you've got. If you need replacements try Black Eagle Executioners or Gold Tips. Wyverncreations.com is a great place to shop and check out crossbownation.com or crossbowtalk.com for forums. Good luck!
Posted By: MikeTX

Re: Crossbow question - 01/02/16 05:11 AM

I used them with my Quad 400 and they were accurate. After that I used the Lumenok 22" which were also accurate.

I wouldn't throw them away.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum