Texas Hunting Forum

Crossbow Scope for Christmas?

Posted By: swillbucket

Crossbow Scope for Christmas? - 11/26/15 09:45 AM

Hi
wow, this is a cool forum. Can't believe that I just found it. Hope that I can contribute some stuff as well as learn some stuff too.

Got a question that I hope some of the more experienced crossbow hunters out there can help with. I am thinking of getting a new crossbow scope as my Xmas gift to myself.

Got about $200 to spend and was wondering what's worth buying? Got any particular recommendations?

smile
Posted By: rjd

Re: Crossbow Scope for Christmas? - 11/26/15 03:33 PM

Nikon, Redfield, Hawke all make nice scopes in that price range. A lot would depend on what bow you have (speed) and what reticule you like. JMO
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Crossbow Scope for Christmas? - 11/26/15 04:50 PM

There are several crossbow forums and most of those guys lean towards Hawke.

Welcome to THF!
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Crossbow Scope for Christmas? - 11/26/15 04:56 PM

Hawke makes a good crossbow scope. In that price range also look at Nikon an Excalibur Tac Zone.
Posted By: PiePuncher

Re: Crossbow Scope for Christmas? - 11/27/15 04:50 PM

Nikon or Hawke
Posted By: swillbucket

Re: Crossbow Scope for Christmas? - 11/30/15 11:46 AM

Hey guys, sorry I took so long to get back to the conversation. Many thanks for the suggestions. While I was away, I read this post on DD Bow Hunting that gave some good advice on what you need to know when upgrading from a basic crossbow scope to something better.

I am leaning towards a Hawke after all the above recommendations. Good quality and a trusted brand.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum