Texas Hunting Forum

Mathew's new bows

Posted By: chital_shikari

Mathew's new bows - 11/25/15 01:54 AM

What do y'all think of the Halon and NoCam HTX. They just changed the riser and made a hybrid cam with the no cam ST and the Dyad AVS system.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/25/15 11:25 PM

Haven't shot either one yet. Looks like they are finally trying to catch up with all the other bow companies with that Halon. Not sure what a 5" brace height will draw like though. I liked the draw of the first no cam, but it was slower than bows I shot ten years ago. Mathews builds great bows, I just think they are behind everyone else when it comes to performance.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/26/15 02:52 AM

Just do something. Even if you don't know what your doing. That's where Mathews is at right now.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/26/15 03:21 AM

Why does everyone who doesn't shoot Mathew's hate on them so bad?
I shot Mission, now shoot Mathew's. Didn't like Hoyt draw cycle, never thought about Bowtech. The rest are "fringe elements" for me. My dad used to shoot a Browning (made by PSE). He loves his Z7Extreme. What gives? confused2
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/26/15 03:40 AM

Why do you think everyone hates them? I've shot plenty of them and don't hate them. Where do you rank them in the current bows?
Posted By: skyblaster7274

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/26/15 05:45 AM

I've shoot both of them, pretty sweet bows! Think I like the new no cam a little more for some reason, but not enough for me to trade in my chillr.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/27/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
I shot Mission, now shoot Mathew's. Didn't like Hoyt draw cycle, never thought about Bowtech. The rest are "fringe elements" for me. My dad used to shoot a Browning (made by PSE). He loves his Z7Extreme. What gives? confused2

You shouldn't assume young one. I have owned two of their bows and shot several more. Killed many deer, pigs, javelina and even small game with them. However I shoot several bows every time I go to get a new one without deciding before I go which brand or bow I want. The last two haven't been Mathews because they aren't making a bow I like or can comfortably shoot any more.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/27/15 01:07 AM

I have tried numerous Mathews bows over the years, just always found another brand bow that I liked better, usually for less $ as well. Mathews in the last few years has not done much in the design area (perhaps they changed that this year). Last year they had a 10+ percent layoff and lost their 2 top shooters to another company.

I haven't shot the latest offerings this year form Most of the companies but I am not in the market for a new bow right now so will not waste the time at a bow shop doing that. Of the Mathews bows I have shot in the last few years the Chil R would be my favorite, the NoCam is smooth but there are other smooth bows out there.
Posted By: PiePuncher

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/27/15 01:58 AM

As stated, mathews is living on a name. They are behind. You have to replace the cam to change draw????
I own mathews and bowtech experience and would take the experience all day over it.
I love my mathews crossbow but that's a different game. Seems there is a bunch of mathews fan boys out there that buy for a name instead of going out and shooting bows to see which they like best.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/29/15 10:59 PM

Point taken. I'm just partial to Mathew's. grin

Thanks

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/29/15 11:39 PM

I used to be as well. Until I made the decision not to be. They made some of the best bows on the market for many years but they were complacent too long.
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/30/15 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By: passthru
I used to be as well. Until I made the decision not to be. They made some of the best bows on the market for many years but they were complacent too long.

What you shooting these days?

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/30/15 12:55 PM

Carbon Spyder 30 set at 55lbs. My first bow after Mathews was an Elite. Couldn't deal with the harsh jumpy cams on the Mathews bows. The no cam was too slow and top heavy for me.
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Mathew's new bows - 11/30/15 09:35 PM

Just buy a Bob Lee
Posted By: txhunter1010

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/02/15 07:39 PM

i remember when Matthews was the $h_t...everyone seemed to want one and the guys who had them loved them...that was 10 plus years ago...now like stated they are kinda behind the curve and living off their name and past...I love how the bowtech bows shoot...and a few others and as far as price, well Matthews needs to lower theirs A LOT
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/02/15 10:27 PM

Mathew's was on top many years back and my son shot a mathews when he was pro staff for TTHA, but times have changed and I feel they have not be able to keep up. My son and I have both switched over to BowTech and have been very happy with their products the last 4 yrs. I am not trying to sell you on a particular brand, if you like the bow you shoot thats all that matters. Good Luck to you!
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/03/15 12:51 AM

Always different strokes for different folks. I never like the back wall of a single cam. Mathews, diamond etc.
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/03/15 03:23 PM

I just bought my son a Mission Craze II which is made by Matthews and I really like it. When I get my new bow though it will probably be an Elite after shooting them
Posted By: GLC

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/03/15 04:15 PM

I am still partial to my Z7
Posted By: Aggieman775

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/03/15 04:25 PM

Technology is just going in a big circle. The very first compound bows were no cam and then when cams came out everybody had to get one. It's kind of like the phone deal they got smaller and smaller now they are getting bigger and bigger.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/03/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Aggieman775
Technology is just going in a big circle. The very first compound bows were no cam and then when cams came out everybody had to get one. It's kind of like the phone deal they got smaller and smaller now they are getting bigger and bigger.

Short of... Limb technology with pre load brought us to another level, with that said... I think we are topped out now
Posted By: JThoele

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/03/15 07:44 PM

The Mathews I HAD felt very sloppy in side-by-side comparison to the bowtech I HAVE.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/04/15 03:37 AM

Mathew's is bae.
Forget you all.

grin grin stir peep

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/04/15 03:53 AM

Mathew's is bae.
Forget you all.

grin grin stir peep

Mathews attitude showing from the youngster scratch. Buy what you like and feels best to you no matter the brand. The bow that feels best to the shooter, they will usually shoot the best.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/04/15 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Mathew's is bae.
Forget you all.

grin grin stir peep

Mathews attitude showing from the youngster scratch. Buy what you like and feels best to you no matter the brand. The bow that feels best to the shooter, they will usually shoot the best.
Yessir.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/09/15 12:40 AM

Shot a halon today, pretty smooth draw. Draw cycle reminds me of a Bear arena but a little smoother transition when going into the valley. Not enough for me to buy one though
Posted By: Tex Brooks

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/11/15 02:32 AM

cheers
Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/11/15 04:15 AM

I shoot a Mathews, actually 2. Have the Chillx and a TRG8. love em both. shot a creed, helim, apex7 and triumph before that. owned a Hoyt Contender, too much hand shock for me, Hoyt Spider something had a horrible draw cycle. only thing I would consider would be an Elite. those are sweet..
Posted By: r_u_sharp_2

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/11/15 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
I have tried numerous Mathews bows over the years, just always found another brand bow that I liked better, usually for less $ as well. Mathews in the last few years has not done much in the design area (perhaps they changed that this year). Last year they had a 10+ percent layoff and lost their 2 top shooters to another company.

I haven't shot the latest offerings this year form Most of the companies but I am not in the market for a new bow right now so will not waste the time at a bow shop doing that. Of the Mathews bows I have shot in the last few years the Chil R would be my favorite, the NoCam is smooth but there are other smooth bows out there.

they lost there top shooters because of 25k for winning tournaments. those guys are so good, they can just about shoot anything. most hunters have no idea who Eric Griggs or Darin Christianberry is. Levi is a little different since he has a hunting show.

bigger news is that Reo left Hoyt for Elite.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/11/15 09:11 PM

I have ten kills with my Carbon Spider 30 in ten weeks of season. Two reconstructed shoulders and drawing 55lbs. I sold my 16 month old Elite and switched to this bow. No hand shock, as smooth of a draw as on the Energy 32, nearly a pound lighter and a lot faster. The kills were "passthru" shots or at least arrow through both sides, on all of them. Even this solid boar.

Re: Mathew's new bows - 12/11/15 09:13 PM

Expertly set up and tuned at Cinnamon Creek Ranch archery shop I might add.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum