Texas Hunting Forum

Can someone explain to me?

Posted By: Aggieman775

Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 02:53 PM

I was shooting my grandpas crossbow for him to see if it was on. It was a good shot but this happened to the bolt can anybody explain to me why?
Posted By: mreed

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 03:07 PM

It wasn't nocked all the way IMO I've seen a few arrow nocks get broken by not nocking all the way

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 03:12 PM

I guess it's possible but I couldn't push it back anymore.
Posted By: DuckCoach1985

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 04:56 PM

is it a PSE fang by any chance?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 04:59 PM

the knock could have been to small for the arrow shaft or the string was a bit thick for the knock...could have already had been stressed before hand somehow also
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 05:21 PM

Which crossbow? You shooting half moon, flat or ?? Nocks? Was it the right nock for that bow?

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 05:53 PM

The other knock didn't break but it was a Excalibur crossbow.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/02/15 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DFWPI
Which crossbow? You shooting half moon, flat or ?? Nocks? Was it the right nock for that bow?

This. Excalibur crossbows typically require flat nocks. Was that a flat nock before it broke, or the correct nock for the bow?

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/03/15 03:56 AM

For some reason that doesn't look like a flat nock. Be very careful in shooting incorrect nock, as it will void all warranties.
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/03/15 04:08 AM

For some reason that doesn't look like a flat nock. Be very careful in shooting incorrect nock, as it will void all warranties.

How would they prove what bolt/nock was used? confused2
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/03/15 04:25 PM

Is that a lighted nock? Take a pic of the other nocks. Those should be flat.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/03/15 07:39 PM

Looks like a lighted nock, Excalibur should use flat nocks. Nock might have been damaged, not seated on the string good, if not a flat nock it could have been turned wrong... Hard to know from the picture

Re: Can someone explain to me? - 10/03/15 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: titan2232

How would they prove what bolt/nock was used? confused2

You would be surprised in what they can see. When I worked at the archery shop, people would come in with an excuse on how they damaged their bow, and usually within 15- minutes, and after talking to them, they would come clean on what they did to the bow to damage it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum