Texas Hunting Forum

How many hunt with a bow from a tripod?

Posted By: Bobby Frey

How many hunt with a bow from a tripod? - 07/24/15 02:55 AM

Do you hold your bow? Keep it in your your lap? Use a hangar? If so, what kind?
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: How many hunt with a bow from a tripod? - 07/24/15 03:41 AM

I do both, it depends on the stand the amount of cover between me and their "expected" travel lanes etc. I have one stand I almost always use a hanger screwed into the tree because I will almost always see them on the travel route well before they get their, two others that are very situation oriented. Deer can pop up with little to know warning and while I have good cover behind me to break up my outline etc. movement will get me busted in those stands.
As for type it's just a long reach screw in for the tree, can't remember the brand.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: How many hunt with a bow from a tripod? - 07/24/15 03:45 AM

I typically back mine up to a tree and have some kind of cover in front. I will typically hang it somewhere close and easy access. There have been times that I have left it in my lap, but it isn't near as comfortable.

Mostly depends on the situation and what area I am hunting.
Posted By: ChrisB

Re: How many hunt with a bow from a tripod? - 07/24/15 11:35 AM

I have a bow holder mounted to the deck of my tripod. Very little movement needed to bring the bow up.
Posted By: Bowtech1233

Re: How many hunt with a bow from a tripod? - 07/24/15 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
I typically back mine up to a tree and have some kind of cover in front. I will typically hang it somewhere close and easy access. There have been times that I have left it in my lap, but it isn't near as comfortable.

Mostly depends on the situation and what area I am hunting.

^^^ this
Posted By: passthru

Re: How many hunt with a bow from a tripod? - 07/25/15 04:00 PM

I have a branch stub or a screw in hook. I also have the two prong style hanger your limb sets in on the platform of the stand as well but often the cover in front of me won't allow my bow to sit there with an arrow on it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum