Texas Hunting Forum

quit shooting, relax my string??

Posted By: Buzzsaw

quit shooting, relax my string?? - 06/30/15 10:45 PM

I have a high end bow I haven't shot in a year and really don't shoot it any more. Should I take it to a bow tech and have them take the string off to relieve the pressure on the limbs???

I don't think Ill sell it as bows, no matter how good they are, seem to be like golf clubs...once the "new" models come out, "last years" models are about worth 1/2
Posted By: DFWPI

Re: quit shooting, relax my string?? - 07/01/15 11:29 PM

If it is a compound, you should be good. Keep the string waxed. Take it to a shop they are going to charge you money to take them off, and you will have to go to shop and put them back on for another charge.

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
I have a high end bow I haven't shot in a year and really don't shoot it any more. Should I take it to a bow tech and have them take the string off to relieve the pressure on the limbs???

I don't think Ill sell it as bows, no matter how good they are, seem to be like golf clubs...once the "new" models come out, "last years" models are about worth 1/2
Posted By: kmon11

Re: quit shooting, relax my string?? - 07/02/15 12:03 AM

Don't have to relax a compound like you need to on most traditional bows, if it worries you relieve some pressure on string, limbs and cables by turning the poundage down to the lowest setting. Then when putting it back in service crank it up to your desired poundage
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: quit shooting, relax my string?? - 07/07/15 11:06 PM

Thanks guys
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum