Texas Hunting Forum

Tactacam Stabilizer Camera

Posted By: Ricochet83

Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 02/11/15 09:44 PM

Anyone have any experience with these?
https://tactacam.com/shop/
Posted By: grimreapor

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/03/15 12:33 PM

I bought one this year and like it so far. Low light filming is decent. Battery life is great though.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/05/15 03:19 AM

So I have to ask, is the recording quality any better than say a Go Pro? Because those can mount to the stabilizer as well and the price is not that much in difference.
Posted By: grimreapor

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/08/15 04:37 PM

Yes it is good. It is 1080hd. I was very surprised how clear it was for a little camera.

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/09/15 09:52 PM

from what i understand the benefit to the tacticam is the weight added is minimal where as the go pro you are adding a decent bit of weight to the front of your bow. Main reason it peaked my interest initially.

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/09/15 10:34 PM

Personally I don't know that I would use either on the bow. I don't know that I could make a steady enough video.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/10/15 12:01 AM

The stabilizer mount cameras I have seen do an ok job until the shot, then no target animal in the shot most of the time.

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/10/15 01:26 PM

yeah that is my main concern Kmon. I watched some videos with them in use and there definitely seems to be so vibration that transfers to the stabilizer camera which makes the shot some what shaky.

Re: Tactacam Stabilizer Camera - 03/10/15 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
The stabilizer mount cameras I have seen do an ok job until the shot, then no target animal in the shot most of the time.

Yep. And no view screen to see where you are aiming it at. And just for the record I suck with a handy cam as well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum