Texas Hunting Forum

Sorry David

Posted By: dgilbert

Sorry David - 12/30/14 10:44 PM

Went and shot some of the newer bows at David's in Weatherford. Had to barrow a couple of arrows and even a release and I then did this without a sight on the bow. clap David said I didn't have to pay for the arrows if I bought the bow. up

Posted By: ChrisB

Re: Sorry David - 12/30/14 10:50 PM

Without a sight? Yeah sure! grin
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Sorry David - 12/30/14 11:16 PM

Did you buy it?
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Sorry David - 12/30/14 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr
Did you buy it?

Re: Sorry David - 12/30/14 11:45 PM

Originally Posted By: kmon1
Did you buy it?

Snuck out the back door! peep

Re: Sorry David - 12/30/14 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Originally Posted By: kmon1
Did you buy it?

Snuck out the back door! peep

Good call cheers

Re: Sorry David - 12/30/14 11:48 PM

David is good people. I buy 98% of my stuff there and if I was going to buy a new boy, he is who I would go too. cheers
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 12:27 AM

if I was going to buy a new boy, he is who I would go too. cheers
bolt
Posted By: Jtmeeks

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
bolt
eek2 bolt bolt I'm right behind you!
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 01:22 AM

David is good people. I buy 98% of my stuff there and if I was going to buy a new boy, he is who I would go too. cheers

Beyond awesome! banana
Posted By: passthru

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 02:03 AM

Better his arrows than yours. Nice shootin' Tex!

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 02:21 AM

I did like the Mathews No Cam. up

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 03:38 PM

Really? Jumpy cam or no? Quiet? Smooth draw? What about hand shock and vibration?

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 04:09 PM

Very smooth draw, no vibration what so ever.
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Sorry David - 12/31/14 11:56 PM

Cool shot. The wall's kinda hard on it though, no?
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Sorry David - 01/08/15 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru
Really? Jumpy cam or no? Quiet? Smooth draw? What about hand shock and vibration?

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Very smooth draw, no vibration what so ever.

X2. I'm really liking mine so far
Posted By: redfred

Re: Sorry David - 01/09/15 10:18 PM

My nephew has a deer mounted in his house that he shot with his bow. He thought he missed it, because it just stood there. He figured out later that the arrow had gone into his ribcage but didn't exit. He loaded another arrow and put it right into the nock of the previous arrow and both arrows came out on the back side of the deer. A pretty amazing shot, but then again there are two members in the family (my brother-in-law and his granddaughter)that have each killed two deer with one bullet. That family is really skilled and really lucky.

Re: Sorry David - 01/09/15 10:46 PM

Oh man, here we go. First liar doesn't stand a chance. roflmao Okay okay I got one. Buddy of mine goes elk hunting in Colorado. Doesn't want to buy a new gun for the hunt so he takes his trusty .243. After all he's killed 50 deer with it and an elk is just a big deer. Well, second day of season he shoots 4x4 elk and claims a good chest shot. After the blood peters out and hours of tracking we give up. The next year we don't go because of a death in his family but two years later we go back. This time he mans up and takes a .300 Win mag. Opening day he is sitting in the same spot. A 6x6 walks out and my buddy punches a round through his chest. The bull bolts and he puts a second round in him as he runs and down he goes. Well he waits for us to get there and as we dress and cut up the elk we realize that our buddies first shot was a good heart shot. Examining the heart there was a good hole from the partition bullet. We cleaned it up, took it back to camp and boiled it to make sandwiches out of. As we were slicing it up we noticed a knot in a lower part of the heart. Upon slicing into it we found a .243 bullet that had been healed around encased in a cartilaginous mass. My friend had heart shot the same bull twice in three years.
aim

Re: Sorry David - 01/09/15 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Turkeyslayer1221
Originally Posted By: Tactical Cowboy
bolt
eek2 bolt bolt I'm right behind you!

Doh!!!! bang
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum