Texas Hunting Forum

Beginning to get into archery

Posted By: Jtmeeks

Beginning to get into archery - 11/30/14 08:24 PM

So I recently purchased a mission craze compound and got it set up at the bow shop. I'm pulling around 40 lbs and 25 inch draw (I'm only 14). I shoot 500 vain arrows with 100 grain tips. What broadheads should I use
Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 11/30/14 09:55 PM

Magnus 2 or thunderhead.
Posted By: EastTexasHag

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 12/01/14 12:18 AM

Rage, thunderhead, and muzzy broad heads have all worked for me. Just your preference. Kill a deer and you will be hooked. Good luck!!!!!!
Posted By: Jtmeeks

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 12/01/14 12:30 AM

Thanks guys. I'm just lacking in info so I will take any tips and tricks I can get! Hopefully I will be good enough to deer hunt after rifle season. I'm gettin my groups tighter by the day banana
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 12/03/14 01:35 AM

At your draw length and weight a good non-mechanical head is probably your best bet. Magnus, Muzzy are a couple of proven brands that come to mind.
Posted By: 7ARanch

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 12/03/14 01:38 AM

At your draw length and weight a good non-mechanical head is probably your best bet. Magnus, Muzzy are a couple of proven brands that come to mind.
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 12/11/14 12:54 AM

Im happy with the two blade Rage, I have found every deer I've have ever shot with them. most dropped within 40 yards only one I had a gut shot on and went 100 yards and had to leave over night but found him the next day.
Posted By: GLC

Re: Beginning to get into archery - 12/11/14 05:41 PM

I still like my Slick Tricks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum